cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can non-primary users on a Family Plan incur charges to the account?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can the non-primary users download and/or uspe programs or services that would incur a charge on the primary account? For example I know Sprint "cannot" disable 411 calling feature. What about for chargeable game or app downloads? Or, can the ability to do so be disabled on non-primary phones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Yes, If non-primary users on the family plan can incur charges to the a/c for any downloads(games/ringtones/applications/screen savers). done from phone. Non-Primary users ability to download the Premium Content can be disabled or prevented by logging  into Sprint.Com.

Steps to block  Sprint phones from downloading ringers, applications, games and more on Sprint.Com

Sign in to My Sprint with valid username and password at www.sprint.com. Click the My preferences tab.Scroll down to the Limits and Permissions section and click Block digital media downloads.The Block digital media downloads page is displayed.Click on the phone or device to block access.A green checkmark will appear indicating that device is selected. Click the device again to remove selection.Click Save.

Hope this helps

Abe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Yes, If non-primary users on the family plan can incur charges to the a/c for any downloads(games/ringtones/applications/screen savers). done from phone. Non-Primary users ability to download the Premium Content can be disabled or prevented by logging  into Sprint.Com.

Steps to block  Sprint phones from downloading ringers, applications, games and more on Sprint.Com

Sign in to My Sprint with valid username and password at www.sprint.com. Click the My preferences tab.Scroll down to the Limits and Permissions section and click Block digital media downloads.The Block digital media downloads page is displayed.Click on the phone or device to block access.A green checkmark will appear indicating that device is selected. Click the device again to remove selection.Click Save.

Hope this helps

Abe

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.