cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClaudiPo Please Answer as I got 5 different answers from CS. Migrate F&F to ED

Go to solution
Highlighted

I have a Fair and Flex 800 with 5 lines of service (3 Touch Pro 2s, 1 Palm Centro, 1 HTC Mogul)  I broke my Wifes Centro that as you know is an old "Smartphone"  I have 6PM nights for free, and first incoming minute, those were perks earned over 12 years of service that Sprint offered when they instituted $1.99 surcharges for each line a few years ago.  My current bill after 20% tax and fees is $155/mo assuming we do not exceed minutes.

F&F 800  $70 (Corp Discount 19%)= $57

Data Line 1=$10

Line 2 Data $5

Line 3 $10+$5 Data

Line 4 $10+$5 Data

Line 5 $10+$5 Data

$4 insurance on the TP2's

$129 +Tax= $155/mo

I went to replace the Centro, and I am told I need to move to a Everything Data Plan.  Cost is $129 (Corp Disc 19%)= $105 for 2 dumb phones

Lines 3-5 = $20 each

Total $165  Fair enough.  I am not looking for something for nothing.  It has more minutes than we use, but I understand, I was on an old plan, and times do change.

Where the issue that I have is.  One CS rep tells me that our existing lines will remain $20 (Dumb phones) as they were activated prior to Jan 30, 2011, and others tell me they are smart phones so they will be $30/mo.  The issue is, I am not willing to gamble and have the bill be $215/mo +tax = $255/mo if they view the current phones as "Smart Phones."  That is a $100 per month increase over my current bill.  $1200 for the year.  I can assure you that most people do not get $1200/yr raise in this economy, and are not willing to put the raise into their Sprint bill.  I also know that Sprint Stock was trading at $5 a share a few months ago, and now is $2.60 a share and falling.  So if the plan is to force legacy plan holders to fork over $1200 more per year to use 2 year old phones, I will be looking elsewhere.  Not acceptable to increase, or force 80+% increases to maintain a phone of like kind. 

I was told I cannot get her another Centro used or new as it is a Smarphone and requires the new plan.  I can however pay to have the screen replaced and activate it. (Must be the ESN on the Centro that broke)  So the $15 dollars they sell for on Ebay wont work, only the ESN I had activated.  Really, this is where Sprint is going?

Confirm I can Pay $165 for 5 Lines (Above listed phones, and a Replenish to replace the Centro) and I accept.

I also have the ability to go Employee Referral for $110 for 2 and +$15 for 3 lines= $155/mo  Could get all new Replenishes for that price.  Of course I would have to port out to Google Voice, route calls to thenew activated number, and wait 45 days and pull the number back to new account.  Again, why make a 12 year customer jump through hoops to get what you give anyone that jumps from provider to provider leaving unpaid bills on the table, and opens new accounts under new names.  Let get real, and focus on keeping the good customers.

Thoughts ClaudiPo?  Who is right? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: ClaudiPo Please Answer as I got 5 different answers from CS. Migrate F&F to ED

Hi Mark,

Your're absolutely right, the $10 PD charge is waived for the  Replenish because of our promotion of "green" devices.  I had forgotten  about that and I apologize.  I haven't been on the forums for a while  due to new responsiblities and am slacking.  😞 

I'm not in Customer Service so I can't access your  account, but I'm hoping Tom can get with you to work things out as he  should have access to the billing system and can take care of the upgrade  and plan change.  If not, we'll find someone who can! 

Fact  is that if you get your 5 phones on the Everything Data Family plan,  you pay $129.99 for lines 1 and 2, and an additional $19.99 for lines  3-5.  There is no $10 Premium Data charge because there is only one new  activation (the Replenish) and that device does not require the $10 fee.

If you were to get another Centro via eBay, etc., you  would still have to change to the ED plan AND pay the $10, which does  not make a whole lot of sense given the age of the device.

I'm very sorry about the inconsistent information you've been getting (and I just added to it!).  Do keep us posted about how things go!

Claudia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: ClaudiPo Please Answer as I got 5 different answers from CS. Migrate F&F to ED

Hello.  Since Claudipo is more than likely not available until business hours tomorrow, 12/7/11, I will see if I can help.  The devices you mentioned, (3 Touch Pro 2s, 1 Palm Centro, 1 HTC Mogul), are all listed in the "grandfathered" section of our pricing grid.  Since they were activated prior to 1/30/11(presumably), there is no equipment change or activation when switching primary pricing plans; so the $10 premium data add-on will not apply.  Ultimately, the $10 add-on for smart phones is our new policy and "is" required when activating or swapping to ANY smart phone regardless of how old, although there are some exceptions such as devices activated prior to the above date and warranty exchanges.  As long as you don't change your phones, the charges will not apply because your lines were activated prior to the "all" smartphone $10 premium data add-on requirement.  I'm also assuming that your replacing the Centro with another smart phone which will require the $10 premium data add-on but only for that line. 

Tom

Wizard

Thanks for jumping in, Tom.  I agree, based on my understanding of the $10 Premium Data and smartphone requirements, SteelerNationRules will need to change to an Everything Data Family plan as well as only pay the $10 PD charge for the new Replenish as it is a new activation and a smartphone.  He should not get charged the PD fee for the three Touch Pro 2 smartphones as they were (presumably) activated prior to 1/30/11.

Can you please get with the customer and help him get his new plan set up if he wishes to proceed?  I will send you a PM as well.

Thanks!

Claudia

ClaudiaPo and Tom.

Thank you for the reply.  The only thing I disagree on is the Replenish is marketted as the only phone that Sprint does not require Premium Data $10 on.  So I calculate $129.99 minus corp discount of 19% equals $105 for 2 lines.  Add lines 3-5 for $20 each total $165/mo before taxes.  Some reps say $30 per handset for current phones ($215/mo), others say $20.  That is the real unknown.  Based on your prior posts I say $20 as they were activated prior to Jan 30, 2011.  The reps in favor of $30 say switching plans will reactivate and spark the $10 PD.  Some say I may be happy on first bill if it does not charge, but they said only way to tell is do it, and see what happens.  I am thinking I prefer to know ahead of time instead of being surprised.

I spoke with the most knowledgable representative 1 week ago "Jaime" and she understood my position, and assured me that there was no issues and even calculated my total bill with taxes and fees.  She had a great understanding of all the plans and how they apply.  Unfortunatley the call dropped and I got a follow up email and replied to never hear from her again.  Since,  I have called 3 times and been directed to Employee referral plan, Supervisors that told me to pull my one broken phone off the plan as it will save me $15/mo and charge me $90/mo for a stand alone.  (that option only costs me $900/yr more than I pay now.  That was his best option over replacing a 4 year old centro that runs $20 on Ebay and cannot be added to my F&F plan since it is a different ESN.  Oh, my favorite was, wait until January.  Sprint is trying to make as much money as possible before the end of the year so it looks like a good year,  but in January we can put things through.  Yeah, nice work team!

Needless to say, alot of uninformed Reps, that simply Pass the buck and do not care about the company or its perception.  Thank you for taking time to hear my issue, and get me taken care of.  I assume you can access my account.  Please contact me  at the number ending in 6411 or have someone in the know contact me to make the change, so I can replace the handset and get the plan changed as needed.

Thank You,

Mark

Wizard

Hi Mark,

Your're absolutely right, the $10 PD charge is waived for the  Replenish because of our promotion of "green" devices.  I had forgotten  about that and I apologize.  I haven't been on the forums for a while  due to new responsiblities and am slacking.  😞 

I'm not in Customer Service so I can't access your  account, but I'm hoping Tom can get with you to work things out as he  should have access to the billing system and can take care of the upgrade  and plan change.  If not, we'll find someone who can! 

Fact  is that if you get your 5 phones on the Everything Data Family plan,  you pay $129.99 for lines 1 and 2, and an additional $19.99 for lines  3-5.  There is no $10 Premium Data charge because there is only one new  activation (the Replenish) and that device does not require the $10 fee.

If you were to get another Centro via eBay, etc., you  would still have to change to the ED plan AND pay the $10, which does  not make a whole lot of sense given the age of the device.

I'm very sorry about the inconsistent information you've been getting (and I just added to it!).  Do keep us posted about how things go!

Claudia

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.