cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you please tell me if this would work and how to do so?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Could you please tell me if this would work and how to do so?

Well, I'm currently on a Sprint family plan with my mom and a few other family members (my mom holds the main line). My dad has an ended contract with AT&T, and would like to switch to Sprint. He wants to get a new family plan (This way our household would have two), and this one would be a data plan so he can have an iPhone. Then, I would like to cancel my contract (Which is up in a month, but I don't want to wait that long) and take my line off of my mother's family plan which only has calling and texting and move it to the new family plan my father would make with unlimited data, and then get a Windows Phone (HTC Arrive to be exact) on that plan.

If anybody could tell me the details of this and whether or not it would work, how much it would cost, how to go about doing it, etc. I've never really had anything to do with phone contracts, my parents always did it for me up until now, and I've only just now signed up for these forums. Thanks so much in advance c:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Could you please tell me if this would work and how to do so?

You would be transferring your line of service from one account to the other  You do not need to cancel the contract to do this  As long as there is an account to move your line to.  This is called a transfer of liability or change of ownership.  It can be done over the phone with customer service or at a store.  We do need to be able to speak with both account holders when making this change.  There is no cost to making this change

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Re: Could you please tell me if this would work and how to do so?

You would be transferring your line of service from one account to the other  You do not need to cancel the contract to do this  As long as there is an account to move your line to.  This is called a transfer of liability or change of ownership.  It can be done over the phone with customer service or at a store.  We do need to be able to speak with both account holders when making this change.  There is no cost to making this change

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.