cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Sprint Everything Data Family 1500 Plan incl. Roaming Data/Voice?

Journeyman

Does the Sprint Everything Data Family 1500 Plan incl. Roaming Data/Voice?

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new Sprint subscriber and picked up the amazing HTC Hero and have been very happy with the service so far.  At work in my office I'm 'Roaming'; and my question is, with this plan will I be charged out the you know what for data roaming fees? The entire phone is pretty much a media and data device so I don't want to be charged tons of fees and would rather just turn my phone off at work. Probably would help me get things done as well....

Anyway, I saw on the little shop for plans page that it says 'Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges.'  The plan also includes unlimited data of course, but wasn't sure if that is explicitly on the Sprint network or not.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Does the Sprint Everything Data Family 1500 Plan incl. Roaming Data/Voice?

The Everything Data plan does include roaming for data services as well. So feel free to use the web services on your phone while roaming. There will not be any additional fees.

Journeyman

A note to customers without any data plan. There is the flat rate for .03 cents a KB for using data when you don't have a data plan for your line. this is wether you are roaming or not.

Not all phones are capable to roam and use data wile you are in the USA.

Be warned that you signed a contract that agreed you wouldnt use roaming in access. So make sure you are only using the roaming if on short travel, not as a major part of your monthly usage.

Journeyman

MasterPat wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new Sprint subscriber and picked up the amazing HTC Hero and have been very happy with the service so far.  At work in my office I'm 'Roaming'; and my question is, with this plan will I be charged out the you know what for data roaming fees? The entire phone is pretty much a media and data device so I don't want to be charged tons of fees and would rather just turn my phone off at work. Probably would help me get things done as well....

Anyway, I saw on the little shop for plans page that it says 'Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges.' The plan also includes unlimited data of course, but wasn't sure if that is explicitly on the Sprint network or not.

Thanks!

It's been a while since you posted, I find there is still no information about data roaming on this plan but at the same time there are no roaming rates published either.  I just got off the line with a rep in the phillipines who knew nothing but when she checked her system she showed I'd be paying .03/kb for roaming.

I have a week to decide if I want out before a 2 year contract so if you could help me out with your firsthand experience I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, I'm getting data roaming warnings that are in areas that are solidly sprint territory according to maps, so this could be a big issue if not included.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Domestic data and voice roaming are included with no additional charges. Unless you are excessively roaming (like using 1/2 of your usage while roaming) you won't have to worry about it.

Journeyman

well i learned alot from readin this post!! thanks dudes!

Journeyman

i know its not nessesarily according to the subject but i have a instinct s30 (which has pretty much no apps) which i have had since september. it got kind of fried durring a surge at a friends house. now the battery keeps overheating and wont retain above 5 mins of charge. the sprint evo 4g is coming out in the next few weeks so i want to know if i can use the "insurance" something we pay 4$ a month for; which they said at the store if i broke my phone i would pay the price i did the day i bought it which was like 50$ with all of the 2 year contract discounts, instead of the really expensive price of like 500$. so does this mean that i can get the EVO for the 2 year contract price or does this only apply to the same model of phone that is if they cant fix it!

Journeyman

Does the Everything Plus Family 1600 plan (with an Evo) also include roaming data where no additional fees will be charged for Data Roaming?

Journeyman

I am in Singapore for the week with my HTC Hero...

To my suprise, my Hero actually appears to be roaming......

I realize there atre fees for calling and txting intetrnationally.....

What about Data?? Supposedly I have Roaming data on my plan... what are the fees associated with this??

All current international rates are listed at www.sprint.com/international

This includes voice, text, and data rates while roaming internationally. It also includes the rates to call internationally from within the U.S. both with a reduced int'l calling add-on and regularly.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.