cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop a line, add a line

Highlighted
Patron

Drop a line, add a line

I'm on the family plan with my grandma and we're only 7 months into out contract I was wondering if I could drop the line I'm on then immediately add another line with an iPhone 4 without paying full price can I do that? What are my options?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Drop a line, add a line

I think you are asking if you can cancel a line of service after 7 months then open a new line of service and get the new customer price on an Iphone 4s.

If  I am correct in what I am assuming the answer would be yes you can, However  you would have to pay the early termination for for canceling the line of service.  which would be around 300 dollars.  One sort of cancels out the other  Also you would loose your phone number and there may be a waiting period before you could set up the new line.

Patron

what other options do I have besides paying full price for the phone and paying the ETF really that price is outrageous!!

Patron

Can I sign a new contract with sprint and get a new phone without paying any fees?

Master

The price for the I phone is set by Apple.  Your only other choice would be to by a device on eBay or Craig's list  These devices would most likely run around 400 dollars.   Not sure what you will find.   You would have to start a new line of service to get the subsidized price. or you would have to pay what the market wants for the device.  You may see a drop in price later this year if Apple releases a new device.

You of course could open an additional line of service with Sprint with an apple this would run 30.00 a month more on your bill with a new contract.  Part of the reason for the time to upgrade is so Sprint can get back the money subsidizing  your phone

Patron

So what your saying is that I can sign a new contract but I would be paying for 3 phones? or I could add a new line with sprint but I would still have to pay for three phones instead of two?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.