cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Discount dropped on Lines 3-5!!!

Highlighted
Patron

Employee Discount dropped on Lines 3-5!!!

I just received my bill for the coming month and it went up by $6 bucks ( $5 employee discount for 3rd line plus Taxes and surcharges). I checked the bill to see if there were any overage charges and there were none. I then noticed that the employee discount of 25% was dropped on the 3rd line for my account. I preceded to contact Sprint. I was told that they just dropped the discount for ALL LINES #3 thru #5. I questioned the fact that I had a contract for 24 months and wondered how they could change the plan that I'm committed to for 2 years mid stream. I was then told that the discounts are not part of the contract and can be changed at ANYTIME. I understand that we are talking a few bucks a month but when you think about it IF say Sprint has 10 million customers and each one has a third phone, that's 50 MILLION Bucks more a month that sprint is getting. Now just think if they decide to drop the discount on the first 2 lines as well since according to them is also not in your contract!! For me that would be an additional $33 plus taxes!! I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them but I am totally pissed that they can change what I feel were the terms of the contract that I signed after 10 months. I of course can't cancel my contract since I am commited for another 14 months and would have to pay a early termination fee for breaking my end of the contract, but it seems OK for them to do so!!! This is totally out of line and I will definately go somewhere else once my contract has expired!! Not a good way to treat your customers. We must all let them know this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I'm not even going to get into the fact that I also have 2 Samsung Moments which are the biggest wastes of a phone that was ever made!!! I am so sorry I made the switch to Sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!

158 REPLIES 158

Re: Employee Discount dropped on Lines 3-5!!!

Yes, as of August 27, 2010 the compant discounts on shared pleans on lines 3-5 will be eliminated. I heard about the early this month.I called Sprint and a representative told me that this policy win't interfere with current add-a lines, but new lines after that dates. That means if you already have add on lines before the date, they will still have the discount. But when I talked to another representative about my account, they told me that I might keep mine for a while, but will change. So I will have to watch my bills carefully. I asked why Sprint is doing this, but didn't get a straight answer. With difficult economic tmes as these, this is the WORST time to implement this and its really stupid.

Patron

Thanks for your reply. They told me that this was done for all customers who have more than 2 lines. I have had Sprint since Nov of 09 so I guess their answer to you that it would just be new people is a bit of a stretch. All I got were appology's from the 2 reps I spoke with and told that the discounts are not part of your contract. Like I said if they decide to drop the discount for the first 2 lines they will make a fourtune!! I have a funny feeling that they will have a revolt on their hands if they continue to treat customers this way. As a matter of fact if we don't complain now they will just might drop the rest of the discounts. Between having a phone that doesn't work correctly and them not seeming to care, it doesn't pay for me to stay a customer once my contract expires.

I will just keep posted if anythign changes on my bill.

Master

The entire discount structure is changing. No matter what plan you are on, or when lines were activated, only the first two phones on a family plan will get an employer discount. Lines 3-5 will not get any discounting. There are no exceptions to the way this is implemented.

Impacted customers were/are sent messages in their bill about the change to the discounting.

Patron

First off I never received any warning or notice about the discount ending. Just an e-mail notice that my bill was ready to view on line. That's when I notice the change of the amount to my monthly bill. So let me ask you as a Sprint Employee. Do you feel that this is a breach of contract? When you say impacted customers that doesn't sound like everyone. I just want to know, are Sprint employees losing their employee discount? Sorry for being so cynical but I hate when my bills are raised for no reason!!

Master

LJF-25 wrote:

First off I never received any warning or notice about the discount ending. Just an e-mail notice that my bill was ready to view on line. That's when I notice the change of the amount to my monthly bill. So let me ask you as a Sprint Employee. Do you feel that this is a breach of contract? When you say impacted customers that doesn't sound like everyone. I just want to know, are Sprint employees losing their employee discount? Sorry for being so cynical but I hate when my bills are raised for no reason!!

Impacted customers meaning those on individual plans weren't notified because it doesn't make a difference with their current bill and plan structure. The notices are still being sent and are listed in the information section of the bill. In addition these changes were posted here in the Sprint community several weeks ago, before it started going into effect.

Your contract does not say anything about specific discounting, but I can't say whether it would be in breach of contract or not, take a look for yourself. The current Sprint contract terms are available at http://shop.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml

Journeyman

on the bill of july or august on the second page of your bill that says ***IMPORTANT INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR SPRINT BILL***

on there in the left hand side tells you

***SPRINT NEWS AND NOTICES***it read the following message----

---Discount Policy Change Reminder---

As a reminder, Effective 08/27/10, Discounts no

longer apply to the monthly recurrint charge

for the Add-a-Phone lines beyond the first 2

lines on family or share plans.

The primary and second lines will continue to receive

discounts---

.***----------------------so yes sprint does alert us of the changes we just need to read them.-------------------***

Patron

@Halcyoncmdr117 Thank you for your honest answer.

@diana301. Thank you for teaching me how to read! If you read my post, I do not receive a paper bill, so no I would not see the important message on page 2!!! The point being that your bill has been raised for no reason. I was sold on PRICE of Service. I was not told when I signed my contract that these discounts could be taken away at any time. Like I said if they can take away the discount on the extra phones, what is going to stop them from taking away the primary discount. That will happen if "WE" as customers allow them to. Then your bill goes up $40 or more a month and you are locked into a contract that YOU can't get out of, but THEY can change anytime they feel like it. Sorry but I don't think I like to feel like an ATM that can be used anytime they want!! Maybe you don't have a problem with it but I do!!!

Message was edited by: LJF-25

LJF-25 wrote:

@Halcyoncmdr117 Thank you for your honest answer.

@diana301. Thank you for teaching me how to read! If you read my post, I do not receive a paper bill, so no I would not see the important message on page 2!!! The point being that your bill has been raised for no reason. I was sold on PRICE of Service. I was not told when I signed my contract that these discounts could be taken away at any time. Like I said if they can take away the discount on the extra phones, what is going to stop them from taking away the primary discount. That will happen if "WE" as customers allow them to. Then your bill goes up $40 or more a month and you are locked into a contract that YOU can't get out of, but THEY can change anytime they feel like it. Sorry but I don't think I like to feel like an ATM that can be used anytime they want!! Maybe you don't have a problem with it but I do!!!

Message was edited by: LJF-25

And sadly, now you know why I REFUSE to allow Sprint to send me merely an electronic bill.  I want to actually READ my bill...and I therefore choose to get a paper one.  After all, a one time discount of $5 is meaningless.  Now, if instead Sprint opted to give me a recurring $5/month discount for going electronic, then that would be a different story.

Still, there is a way to view your bill online in its entirety.  You have to download the PDF file of your current statement once it is available.  It's honestly not that hard...just mildly time consuming.

But again, leave it to Sprint to make as many different money grabs as it possibly can.  Guess those sudden LACK of HTC Evo 4G sales are coming back to haunt this company...just as I predicted!

I wonder if Sprint C-level execs are realizing how wrong their plan has been yet?  Guess they'll never learn until the company gets bought out or declares bankruptcy...I expect that will happen by 2015 if not sooner.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I moved this discussion over to the Plans subcommunity. 

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

@quasijedi

Yes a $5 discount every month for going paperless would be a nice thing. Only problem is how long before they decide to take that away from you as well!! LOL. Like I've been saying my only beef is that the price of Sprint service was sold to me with the fact that I was getting a 25% discount off my bill. To have that taken away after 10 months of service is" NOT" good business. Makes me feel that they suckered you in with their price and now that they have you "LOCKED" in a contract they decide to change things. Again I know it's not alot of money we are talking about. To me it's something called "principles and honoring your sales contract. Their excuse of it's not in your contract is lame and decitful and as far as I'm concerned not good business conduct. This is not the first time they have tried to hit me for extra charges. When I first agreed to Sprint service I was told that the activation fees where waived for all 3 phones. Of course low and behold when I received my first bill I was charged for all 3! I immediatly called Sprint and was told that they would not waive their fees. When I told the rep that it was in my contract he suddenly changed his tune and credited my accoount. I believe this is shady practice because I guess most people will not fight it and will just pay their bill. Then let's not even mention this whole Samsung Moment problem of which I own 2. These phones have not and still do not work properly. When you call Sprint you get the answer of either "we are working on the problem" or  "it's Samsung's fault". Again I'm not asking for anything other than "honoring your commitment and providing the service you sell along with backing your products. I know the phone has Samsung written on it but Sprint's name is on the phone too! Sorry just blowing off steam. I don't like to be taken for ride!!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.