cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything Plus Family 1600 (ERP) + Premium Data $10 (on EVO line) = Sprint Data Roaming Alert ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Everything Plus Family 1600 (ERP) + Premium Data $10 (on EVO line) = Sprint Data Roaming Alert ?

I just checked the usage on my line and saw the following alert:

Everything Plus Family 1600

Premium Data $10

Sprint Data Roaming !Alert 
Used 32KB/0 KB Included
Remaining 0KB
Additional used 32KB
Additional charge $0. 00

I see there are no additional charges; however, I'm a bit concerned because I have not been out of the DFW area at all since I purchased my EVO.

... and, a bit more concerned because I'm going to be visiting family in the Western Slope of Colorado (which does have coverage in 'most' areas; but, there are a lot of areas that don't have coverage...).  We will be driving from TX to CO, spend about a week there, then drive back. I would like to think that with the plan I subscribe to, I shouldn't have any overages; but, again ~ I have this "! Alert" on my usage right now...

Have others been receiving the Alert on their EVO lines?

Do I have anything to truly be concerned about?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Everything Plus Family 1600 (ERP) + Premium Data $10 (on EVO line) = Sprint Data Roaming Alert ?

That article you are referring to is for business customers to throttle their employees data, Has nothing to do with us.

You will never receive charges for roaming from Sprint, I believe it would take 2-3 months of excessive roaming before Sprint would be concerned, They won't block you, You could go into your settings and switch some around so they(email,weather,news,sms,etc..) don't sync too often. Other then that you will be fine, Don't worry, Enjoy your trip.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Everything Plus Family 1600 (ERP) + Premium Data $10 (on EVO line) = Sprint Data Roaming Alert ?

Your allowed 300mb off network roaming, Yes I have seen a few others reporting getting the "Alert"

You could go into "Menu>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Turn Off "Data Roaming" and Roaming>Sprint Only.

Either way you will never be charged for roaming but may receive a letter warning if you are roaming too much.

I am wondering how Sprint is going to handle this issue since the EVO is constantly connected and will do what it needs to whether it is on Sprints network or roaming.

Journeyman

Levi4U, Thanks for the mostly re-assuring response.

I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to have any DATA roaming based upon the locations I am usually at (pretty much all 4G with pockets of 3G).

At any rate, I expect to be passing through a LOT of areas where I'll be roaming during the drive up to Colorado as well as while we are there (mostly rural areas). If I am reading your response correctly, worst case scenario I can expect to possibly receive a message about the usage; but, no overage charges at all. Right?

Is there any chance I might have my service "blocked" during my trip? I read an article yesterday where Sprint plans on blocking service on Laptops for excessive usage. That same article indicated smart phones would not be affected; but, it would be nice to know what to expect before heading out on the trip.

Thanks again!

Lisa

Master

That article you are referring to is for business customers to throttle their employees data, Has nothing to do with us.

You will never receive charges for roaming from Sprint, I believe it would take 2-3 months of excessive roaming before Sprint would be concerned, They won't block you, You could go into your settings and switch some around so they(email,weather,news,sms,etc..) don't sync too often. Other then that you will be fine, Don't worry, Enjoy your trip.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Awesome ~ Thanks!

Highlighted
Patron

Levi4U, you've done it again!  You answered a question I had before I had to ask it.  Thanks!!

Master

I try my best to be one step ahead of the game!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.