Family plan requirements and employer discount questions

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any specific requirement for having 3 lines on family plan, meaning:

1-> do all 3 have to use same area code

2-> do all 3 people have to have same address

3-> any criteria of how closely related they have to be (in my case, its going to be me, my wife and her sister)

4-> if one of them has an employer discount, does it apply for all?

5-> if someone's husband works for an employer with employee discount can that be applied to account?

6-> which person's address has to be on the account for tax/fees purposes?  Can we choose the one with lowest tax?  Is it dependent on the credit card billing address used in autopay?

what we would like to do:

7-> if currently 2 people share 1 family plan, where one line is eligible for upgrade and other only in feb (or $60 to terminate now), and 1 person is due for upgrade in 12 months ($140 to cancel now), is it possible to start a fresh 3 person family plan and get 3 new phones while retaining the same phone numbers? (ideally without paying $200 to cancel both lines, but perhaps even with cancellation chage??)

8-> for above question, if I port the numbers to google voice ($20 each) and then cancel my two lines for $200, can I port those numbers to new 3 person family plan from google voice to sprint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

1-> do all 3 have to use same area code   The Phones can be a separate area codes  this may have impact on the amount of taxes and fees you pay.

2-> do all 3 people have to have same address No  but there will be one billing address and one account holder

3-> any criteria of how closely related they have to be (in my case, its going to be me, my wife and her sister) none

4-> if one of them has an employer discount, does it apply for all?I the account holder has an employee discount it applies to the account  not separate lines

5-> if someone's husband works for an employer with employee discount can that be applied to account?

We may not be able to verify employment unless it is the account holder

6-> which person's address has to be on the account for tax/fees purposes?  Can we choose the one with lowest tax?  Is it dependent on the credit card billing address used in autopay?

The account holder determines the taxes however area code is also are looked at  because some tax areas charge by numbers in there area  This happens for 911 charges. For  example a New City area code  on the device and live in Connecticut. NYC will charge some taxes and fees for things like 911 and life line

7-> if currently 2 people share 1 family plan, where one line is eligible for upgrade and other only in feb (or $60 to terminate now), and 1 person is due for upgrade in 12 months ($140 to cancel now), is it possible to start a fresh 3 person family plan and get 3 new phones while retaining the same phone numbers? (ideally without paying $200 to cancel both lines, but perhaps even with cancellation charge??)  The phone numbers are tied to a contract That contract would have to be satisfied first

8-> for above question, if I port the numbers to google voice ($20 each) and then cancel my two lines for $200, can I port those numbers to new 3 person family plan from google voice to sprint.  When you port numbers to another carrier it cancels the sprint line.  After starting service you should be able to port back.  do not know what google's policy are on this

Hope this asnwers your questions

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Master

1-> do all 3 have to use same area code   The Phones can be a separate area codes  this may have impact on the amount of taxes and fees you pay.

2-> do all 3 people have to have same address No  but there will be one billing address and one account holder

3-> any criteria of how closely related they have to be (in my case, its going to be me, my wife and her sister) none

4-> if one of them has an employer discount, does it apply for all?I the account holder has an employee discount it applies to the account  not separate lines

We may not be able to verify employment unless it is the account holder

The account holder determines the taxes however area code is also are looked at  because some tax areas charge by numbers in there area  This happens for 911 charges. For  example a New City area code  on the device and live in Connecticut. NYC will charge some taxes and fees for things like 911 and life line

7-> if currently 2 people share 1 family plan, where one line is eligible for upgrade and other only in feb (or $60 to terminate now), and 1 person is due for upgrade in 12 months ($140 to cancel now), is it possible to start a fresh 3 person family plan and get 3 new phones while retaining the same phone numbers? (ideally without paying $200 to cancel both lines, but perhaps even with cancellation charge??)  The phone numbers are tied to a contract That contract would have to be satisfied first

8-> for above question, if I port the numbers to google voice ($20 each) and then cancel my two lines for $200, can I port those numbers to new 3 person family plan from google voice to sprint.  When you port numbers to another carrier it cancels the sprint line.  After starting service you should be able to port back.  do not know what google's policy are on this

Hope this asnwers your questions

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.