cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

Highlighted
Journeyman

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

I have the SERO 500mins for $30 plan.I've had my HTC Mogul for the Longest it's falling apart and i was thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 4s.I'm hearing a lot of stories you can't upgrade ...you can upgrade ...everyone seems to have a different answer.I don't use over 500 mins and i have unlimited internet and messaging ...so why the extra $10 for 3G service I already get under the SERO plan ....when you look under iphone 4s it doesn't have 4G service.I wouldn't want to pay more money for service i'm already getting.Just want to know if I could upgrade would the plan stay the same just add 10 bucks for the "premium" data or will i have to get a whole new plan?It doesn't show you what the monthly plan would be.Any help is  greatly appreciated =D

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

just got off the phone with sprint for the 4th time.  will not sell me an iphone at this time due to me being a sero 500 person.  BUT in the sprint store they WOULD sell me the iphone for 100 dollars and at a rate of 59.99 plus 10.00 its totally crazy.  i opted to keep my existing phone that gives me texting and data and 500 minutes at 30.00 bucks a month.

hope that helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

you can keep your sero, but it has to be sero premium $40.00 and prem data $10.00. You can call  Sero Care 888-876-8381with questions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

What in the world do you expect from this horrible company?

File complaints and tell as many people as you can!! When they loose enough customers they will listen!

Or maybe not perhaps "going out of business" is what they want!

All they do is lie all they care about is your money!!!

www.sprintsucks.comhttp://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm.http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

Do you have anything positive to add to anything, you post the same response regardless of thread you are in. Why are you on here if not for a legitimate reason? Sprint is tied for #1 with verizon for customer service 2 out of the last 3 survey periods and have oodles of awards for customer service, green, and network. Sorry Brooklyn for this persons trolling your thread.

Highlighted
Master

From SERO to iPhone 4s?

The plan you are currently on is an old plan and is not longer offered newer device require different plans. You can remain on the plan you are on currently. If you change to the I phone you would have to switch to the   SERO Premium plan. This plan costs an additional $10/month and include the added benefits of Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. If you add a smart phone there is an other 10 dollars added due to the increased data usage of smart phones.

You can upgrade to the Iphone but you would also need to change plans   for this plan contact customer service they will need to transfer to the employee account group you services these plans to have it updated

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: From SERO to iPhone 4s?

im with agentkbg1 i'm going to keep my original SERO plan i don't think paying more money for the same service is fair.Sprints only reason is that they want to charge you more because they feel data usage will skyrocket but really i just wanted to get the iphone so i don't have to worry about carrying a phone and a ipod around.whats so premium about paying 10 more dollars to get the same amount of mins and then 10 more dollars for premium data thats still 3G.I don't expect service for free i just can't see how charging me more for the same service is beneficial to me.I Thank You All for your time and If i choose to upgrade i know know what to do

Highlighted
Journeyman

bear in mind you will get anymobile anytime, so thats liek having unlimited min on cell calls to any carrier. Any smart phone. you use will require sero prem, not always with prem data but some phones yes. $40-$50 is much better than $80 for reg customers and $90-$120 at 2 other carriers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now.. what about if I buy the Iphone4s Unlock from the Apple store at full retail price. And have this phone activated or swithc in other words to my current zero plan. the 30 bucks a month. Can this be done or has anyone done this??.. I mean it is the same 3g... so I don't c why not...

Highlighted
Journeyman

even if you buy the phone somewhere else you still have to upgrade to sero premium which is $10/extra per month for any smart phone no matter what and you have to pay $10/month for the data which is the same 3G service but you are  paying more for it since they believe that if you have a better faster phone your data usage will increase .so thats $20 extra dollars to your bill for the same service just to have a better phone.......this is what i was told via forum and calling sprint myself no one from sprint will admit they are charging you $20 dollars extra for the same service they will only repeat the fact that its required to activate and use the phone ....

Highlighted
Journeyman

BrooklynLV wrote:

even if you buy the phone somewhere else you still have to upgrade to sero premium which is $10/extra per month for any smart phone no matter what and you have to pay $10/month for the data which is the same 3G service but you are  paying more for it since they believe that if you have a better faster phone your data usage will increase .so thats $20 extra dollars to your bill for the same service just to have a better phone.......this is what i was told via forum and calling sprint myself no one from sprint will admit they are charging you $20 dollars extra for the same service they will only repeat the fact that its required to activate and use the phone ....

Regardless where you buy the phone from, as long as you plan to activate the iPhone under the SERO plan, Sprint will require that you update your SERO plan. They may try to get you to get rid of the SERO plan entirely, and upgrade to the Everything Data which costs $69.99 + $10 for "premium data" (Sprint is trying really hard to rid of these legacy plan, DON'T LET THEM PLAY YOU). You can upgrade to SERO Premium, which costs $40 a month (everything else remains the same). If you choose to use high end phones (ie. iOS or Android) there WILL be an additional $10, making the total $50. If you use any other phone (ie. WebOS, Windows Mobile, PalmOS, BrewOS, RIM/BlackBerry, etc.), you are not required to pay that "premium data" fee. For $40 on the SERO Premium plan, you can use the Samsung Instinct, BlackBerry's, Palm Pre, etc. If you like the HTC Touch Pro or Touch Pro II, you don't even have to upgrade your SERO planl. The HTC Touch Pro II was the last smart phone to work with the original $30 SERO 500 plan. The Touch Pro II is not a bad device. The significant difference between Everything Data and SERO is:

The price and compatiblity of headsets obviously

Everything Data, you have unlimited mobile to mobile across any wireless network / SERO, you only have unlimited mobile to mobile between other Sprint subscriber

Everything Data, 450 minutes or 900 minutes for $89.99 premium data / SERO, 500 minutes

Everything Data, you get Premier Status (I lied, they threw that out of the window) / SERO no Premier Status

Everything Data, Sprint Navigation Access / SERO, none unless you have a 3rd party app like Garmin or TomTom on your Palm Treo or Touch Pro II

Both Everything Data and SERO still has Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text, BIS, Sprint TV, etc.

Bottom line:

Yes you need to update your plan to SERO Premium if you want to activate the iPhone

Yes older Windows Mobile (not Windows Phone 7) phones like Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro II, etc. will work on original $30 SERO

SERO Premium - $40 for the plan itself. You get the same benefits of Everything Data but monthly rates are cheaper and you are allowed to activate OTHER data extensive phones/smartphones on this plan: ie. BlackBerry, Samsung Instinct, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, etc..

Yes an additional $10 for Premium Data on top of $40 SERO Premium if you want to use 4G devices, high end Android or iPhones

No it does not matter where you buy the iPhone from. Upon activation, you are prompt to upgrade your plan, no way around it

Honestly, it's not worth giving up the SERO plan for the iPhone (especially with the speed everybody is currently experiencing). Once your plan changes, you'll NEVER be able to get it back to $30 a month so make your decision wisely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not believe you can buy the Iphone unlocked other than the GSM version, which does not work with Sprint.

Can someone direct me to where the Iphone requires the additional $10 for Premium Data? It is 3G, so I did not think it would qualify for the additional $10 for Premium Data?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.