cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 requires additional $10 data fee???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3 requires additional $10 data fee???

I'm eligible for an upgrade and was eyeing the Samsumg Galaxy S3. I'm on SERO Premium 500. When I "ugraded" from plain SERO to SERO premium, I was told the $10 charge is for extra data because of smartphone usage on the plan. (BTW I use less than 100MB of data per month on the sprint network.)

When I called in to order the Galaxy S3 I was told that there is an additional $10/month data plan fee that they want to charge. Has anyone on SERO premium gotten the S3 and were you charged an *additional* $10 data fee on top of the $10 data fee they put into the SERO premium plan?

I'm getting very tired of Sprint and had awful service this past year (data capacity issues which took 2 months of calling customer service to get them to admit to) along with the disaster LG Optimus S. But if they choose to keep increasing my monthly rate to where there is no difference between them and Verizon, I think I'll be leaving Sprint.

Anyone with SERO please tell me your experience in switching to the Galaxy S3.

Thanks.

Tags (4)
12 REPLIES 12
Wizard

Re: Galaxy S3 requires additional $10 data fee???

If you are on SERO $30/500 and you get a smart phone your bill will go up to $50 per month.

$10 to move it to premium and another $10 to rich data ...

I converted my 2 SERO to the new family one a while back.

Journeyman

I'm on SERO premium at $40/month. I was told the $10 upgrade to premium is to cover data for a smartphone, which I am now using on the plan.

Journeyman

@PieceOfPaper,

M_Marcus is on the ball around the cost ($50) for the plan with the SIII. Right now for the included services that's the cheapest plan to have. I have someone on the same plan type that has the SIII and it was a huge leap from the HTC Touch Pro II they use to own. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Zach G.

Wizard

That is what they said first. From my understanding, they move SERO users to premium to collect more money. If you got you smart phone when they did it, you end up paying $40 a month.

They went back to the drawing board and added another $10 if you are upgrading your smart phone.

Long story short, your bill will be $50 for any smartphone

Wizard

Wait, you're paying $50 a month for a postpaid premium data plan? That competitor whose name starts with a V charges $110 before taxes and fees for an unlimited talk/text 2Gig data plan. I'd say you're going to be waiting a long time before your SERO bill gets that high. Looks to me like Sprint is losing money on you SERO customers.

Journeyman

I highly doubt they're losing money.  They aren't actually providing the premium data that he has to pay for.

I still don't even understand why Sprint makes a big deal out of their Unlimited data.  Their network isn't even fast enough to use up 2gb in a month no matter what you're doing, anyways.  It's plain old SAD.

GrandMaster

you would be surprised at how many actually blow that 2gb out of the water per month...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sounds like they're really determined individuals, then.  I use my phone quite often, at least ATTEMPTING to, i should say, and i've never come close because the network is just too damn slow.

Wizard

fireguy_6364 wrote:

you would be surprised at how many actually blow that 2gb out of the water per month...

True, when I first got the original EVO my average monthly data for the first 6 months was 5GB because I was doing everything on the phone.

Now depending on the month, it varies from 1GB to 4GB

All on 3G area.

GrandMaster

not really...there are quite a few places out there that can snap out 1+mbps-2+mbps on 3G easy...the highest i have seen some post for their montly usage was around 15ish gb per month...ALOT of movie watching..they had 4G wimax in their city..but not close to either their work or home..so it was all 3G for them unless on wifi at home. my speeds pretty much depend on the day..some days i can barely break 100kbps...usually less than...then some days i can snap out anywhere between 400-1mbps...that however doesnt last long lol..

concealer404 wrote:

Sounds like they're really determined individuals, then.  I use my phone quite often, at least ATTEMPTING to, i should say, and i've never come close because the network is just too **** slow.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Ah well... i must be unlucky.

In the booming metropolis of Indianapolis, i've never once seen over 200kbps.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.