cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO PREMIUM PLAN A RIP OFF

64 REPLIES
Journeyman

HTC EVO PREMIUM PLAN A RIP OFF

I'm sorry for the confusion of the  $10.00 Premium Service Plan. Sprint has  unlimited  data  on the phones  instead of caped @ 5g like other companies like  AT&T & Verizon  its not just for  4g at  all..

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO PREMIUM PLAN A RIP OFF

Just google for articles on how to use your Evo judiciously and save batteries.  You also probably have 4G attena turned on.  These powerful smartphones eat up batteries, but there are ways around it.

I have the GPS, mobile data, Airplane mode, Wi-fi, 4G (I have that in my area) widgets ready and handy to turn them on and off when I need/or don't need them.  I also downloaded screen brightness widget to dim and increase the screen.  when I'm in the movies or don't want to be interrupted for a long period of time, I turn on the airplane mode...

Ebay sells cheap batteries and chargers I keep extras in my bag and in the office.

Journeyman

i had an HTC Hero, which was the worst phone i had ever purchased. so i paid extra for the EVO (not being eligible for Upgrade).

i hate Sprint, i hate my EVO4G, i hate paying $10 a month for 4G, when I'm not in an area that has coverage. I wouldn't mind paying $10, for Bandwidth. But my phones battery is SH1T. i had to turn off GPS, Sync, and background data. Which makes the phone worthless. going back to my old razr. i'll try to use my EVO with WiFi only.

Journeyman

Why is everyone SO upset over this $10 fee? with my 2 evo's i still save 30 dollars a month compared to Verizon or AT&T. It is a way for Sprint to recover some money from high end users that utilize most of the bandwith on 3G/4G. A smartphone classification as far as I know is based on the amount of bandwith the phone can use. Only those phones are now getting a premium fee. Look at other carrier pricing, usage limits, etc. they charge more for a smartphone data than a non phone as well. Yes, Sprint bumped us, with poor explanation, but u still get more for less than the other 2 big boys, and except the iphone, we have just as good a phones, and playbook coming.

Journeyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnHykOcWKAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9kiz0F9G-0&feature=fvst

I guess I can only insert 2 links so run a Google search for Nexus S vs Iphone

Jon 4 lakers with Techno Buffalo shows how the Nexus S fairs compared to the Iphone 5. It is an excellent showcase of both phones. Looks like Sprints strategy is to release the big phones right before the Iphone announcement every year. Ill definitely wait till Iphone time next year before I start complaining LOL.

Journeyman

http://cnettv.cnet.com/lg-optimus-3d/9742-1_53-50100292.html

http://cnettv.cnet.com/samsung-nexus/9742-1_53-50097133.html

Here are the links. I think Sprint owns the name EVO. Our current EVOs were named Supersonic by HTC. Just like Samsung names its phones the Galaxy S line Sprint named it the EPIC. Motorola made the first Droid, but later the HTC Incredible also got the Droid thrown in there and then back to Motorola with Driod X. HTC Flyer is the original name for what will be the HTC EVO View tablet on Sprint.

I am eating a lot of my words now. The Evo 3D aka LG Optimus might be the best phone again this year. 3d camras dual core processors. 3d display. Everything but a kickstand. I also hear that LG worked out the battery problem with Android. They are saying we will get a full 8hours talk time.   My links arent posted properly so I am making another reply

Journeyman

Yay!  Patience is a virtue!  Congrats, Joe.    Are there currently any links to this EVO 3D we can take a look at?  I'm a bit confused though ... you said it's LG Optimus.  Is LG the same as HTC?

Journeyman

Ironically the Nexus S is coming soon.

Journeyman

Ok Heavy I have not forgot about you. Today is a good day for us on Sprint. The LG Optimus aka EVO 3d has been leaked, the Nexus S made by Samsung probably a new Epic, and the HTC Flyer aka the EVO tab has been leaked. Remeber those conventions I was telling you about well one is coming up and Sprint is supposed to be the star of the show and Show casing the previously named line up. The EVO 3d will be a remarkable upgrade to the current EVO and Same for the Nexus or what ever name Sprint gives it Presumably Epic something 4g. This is probably the best time in history to be on Sprint. See Im not hard to please.

On the other hand what this tells me is Sprint releases its heavy hitters around mid year to compete with the Iphone I assume. The EVO 3D is looking like a true Beast maybe even more beastly than the Atrix. WOW! Definetly more Beastly than anything Apple can come up with in such short time.

Journeyman

Rwalford:

What do you consider a "smartphone?" If you look at all the phones currently listed for sale on the Sprint website, listed under the specs on some of their phones, it is does clearly state that the Premium Data Fee is required on that particular phone. But there are also a number of phones (LG Rumor Touch,Samsung Seek,Samsung Restore,Samsung Rant,Samsung Reclaim,Samsung Instinct,ZTE Peel,HTC Touch Pro 2) that have 3G capability, but those phones do not require the $10 Premium Data add-on fee, so you are a little in error that the fee applies to 3G service. From 02/10-06/10 I had an HTC Hero and was never charged a Premium Data Fee, however, now if someone buys that phone the fee does apply. So not sure why, reasoning or criteria of when Sprint decides on how and when to apply this fee to a particular phone.

Sprint would have happier customers if they would just charge this fee on a usage basis. Meaning that if I were to turn on 4G on my phone and I can connect to their network at that speed, then I would have no problem with paying the fee. However, since applying Maintenance Release 3.70.651.1 I can no longer connect to the Sprint network from my home location at 4G speeds. I have contacted Sprint customer service regarding this matter and their attitude is "too bad." I don't know of any other retailer or service provider that can get away with charging their customers for a service that they don't have to provide.

Message was edited by: RCKSTEIN02