cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in Canada on vacation. How much is my US sprint mobile phone gonna cost if I use the internet?

5 REPLIES
Wizard

I'm in Canada on vacation. How much is my US sprint mobile phone gonna cost if I use the internet?

What Levi is talking about is sending texts to Canadian phone numbers. That would be free. Sending emails or watching videos on YouTube or surfing the internet will charge at the above mentioned rate. Your best bet is wait until you get back to your campground, if at all possible. You can also try searching for other WiFi signals, just like in the US there are many restaurants and coffee shops that offer free internet service.

Journeyman

Sorry, I don't mean to be redundent. I do have unlimited text.   Are you saying that I can use my phone and surf as normal, except I pay .20 a minute for phone.  I can turn off the Roaming Guard, and go online when I'm not in a area with wi-fi??  Not sure if Im asking correctly.  Am I understanding you correctly.  I can use my phone; however, I need to, surf internet, syncronize my email so email is always turned on, google surf, etc.  (just like when I was in the states and got 3G /4G service.  so as long as I got a signal, I can use the phone (.20 min for mobile cals to US) and everything else is ok.  Thank you so much

Master

Texting Canada is now considered domestic and is included at no extra charge if you have a plan that includes texting.

Journeyman

thank you for such a prompt answer.  I do have wi-fi at my campground;; however, that is not always the case here in Ontario.  So if I interpret your answer correctly, if I need to send email without wi-fi, and use my phone, it is gonna cost.  I have the Samsung Epic 4g

Wizard

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/travel_tips/cdma_roam/Canada_SprintDevice.pdf

Canadian data roaming is charged at $.002/kb (two tenths of a penny per kilobyte), rounded to the nearest kilobite. This comes out to approximately $2.00 per megabyte. That is for 1X speeds, nowhere near the 3G you will be used to. It's a little faster than dial-up.

Texting is included in your Everything Data plan, if you are texting to US numbers. If you are texting to non-US numbers, it's 20 cents per text.

I don't know what phone you are using, but if you have wi-fi you can always try using that for internet whenever possible. Wi-fi is always free on your phone's end.

Journeyman

I have the Data Everything 1500 account and I have added on the expense for .20 minute for phone calls while I'm Canada and calling back to the US.  Am I gonna get charged if I use the internet on my phone to check emails, etc?  Please help!  I don't need a fortune in data roaming.  Thanks!