cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out of my sprint mobile broadband plan!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint data cards are painfully slow. Look at sprint.com > coverage map and see what it shows. Most likely you are in an area that don't have good service. If they don't let you out of your agreement in account services, escalate it via email to dan@sprint.com and prove the service is unsacceptable. I have been dealing with that department and have helped me out a lot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot provide a citation because that information is not made available to the public. There is a lot that goes on behind the smoke screens. I worked for at&t for a long time. There are a lot of things the cell phone companies do not tell you.I am not sure exactly what the second thing is you are asking about. Can you please explain which point you are questioning?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm asking about the 2 sentances that were underlined and bolded in the quote. In your previous post you said "no modem device has  unlimited data any longer and that is because of the FCC. they are  regulating the amount of data that a cell provider is allowed to  distribute to their customers."

I'm just curious where you've read that the FCC is regulating how much "data a Provider can distribute to a Customer." I've been searching and I can't find this information anywhere.

kds1989 wrote:

I cannot provide a citation because that information is not made available to the public. There is a lot that goes on behind the smoke screens. I worked for at&t for a long time. There are a lot of things the cell phone companies do not tell you.I am not sure exactly what the second thing is you are asking about. Can you please explain which point you are questioning?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint did this same thing to me. The salesman sold me on an unlimited plan and every month I was charged overage because my son was using XBox Live and I was using the connection for college.  How is it that 5 people can use this?  This is crazy.......so I cancelled it and once I did they are trying to charge me an additional $100.97 after I cancelled the account. I spoke with 4 representatives all were NASTY....the Supervisor was EXTREMELY NASTY....would not let me speak...kept interrupting me...saying he was not going to credit the account...My question was how could they still charge be after the account was cancelled on July 20? They kept the account opened without my knowledge until August 9, which he said is when they do their cancellations....and so this makes the charges valid....so they want me to pay for something I did not use...mind you that I did not use the service in July at all!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. So I've already answered your question.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I experienced very similar treatment when I phoned sprint today. To top it off, my call was prompted by a "you changed your account message" on my sprint account online. As I initiated no change I phoned and the comments read back to me by the CSR indicated me by name as having initiated the change to the 3g/4g with a combined cap of 5gb, which is false and I don't know how they can document any such thing. I was offered other plans and told as other options exist I would be charged an ETF. These options are not the contract I entered into, they will not meet my needs, and I don't think I am obligated to pay them to release me from a contract they voided. I have submitted a complaint to the FFC (http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm) and would recommend other individuals who are faced with this opposition to releasing us penalty free from our contracts do the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would suggest also filing complaints with the Greater Kansas City Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Comission. I've found that either the FCC doesn't forward the complaint to Sprint, or Sprint just doesn't respond. Sprint does respond (quickly) to the BBB complaints and you will be contacted by someone from Executive Account Services.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm 95% sure I'm going elsewhere, but still looking to whom.

Intend to get within a week of the billing cycle then just cancel plan on the website, and back it up with email.

No way I'm sticking for 30+ minutes on the phone.

Journeyman

You are correct, and I made my own post Deceptive Practices ... Email 60 minutes, I am if they do not grandfather in previous customers. Write your local and national news papers with a rant. Call your TV & Radio Stations ... LETS HELP SPRINT GET SOME PRESS ATTENTION

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.