cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint blowing it huge with the $10 EVO fee...agree or disagree

Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint blowing it huge with the $10 EVO fee...agree or disagree

I'm fine with the $10 a month charge. I'm positive the new generation of phones are a data hog and justify an added charge. However, the hotspot should be free if we're going to pay for premium data. I never got on the USB 3g bandwagon because I would only need it a few times a year. I don't want to pay $29.99 for a feature that I'll only use a few times, especially if I'm already paying for "Unlimited" and "Premium" data. This is going to be a hot button issue for Sprint users because Verizon is now lowering their pricing and that was the main reason I moved from them. The Hotspot would be a definite plus in the Sprint column. I'd rather have a data cap and have all features work than have to pay for features ala carte on the notion that I "might" use more data.

Journeyman

I just wanted to voice one consideration.  I am not sure if you were aware of this.  You can activiate the hotspot feature and de-activate it the next day.  So if you only want to use it for 2 days it's 2 bucks.  3 days 3 bucks and so on.  Just have to call to cancel.  Sprint will let you do this as much as you like.  Just in case you didn't consider it.

Journeyman

Good point KSM.  Also to echo your sentiment, many people haven't really done their homework:

A) Sprint is still cheaper with the 10 extra fee (e.g. I have an Evo and my wife does as well.  My plan has 1000 more minutes and is still 30 less than it was with AT&T with 1 iPhone and 1 HTC Tilt2)

B) Sprint actually has 3G almost everywhere.  (e.g. in orlando my aunts Verizon didn't work and all the way down I-10 i had no 3G from Pensacola to Jacksonville on AT&T)

C) In case you all didn't realize Clearwire provides 4G to Sprint via their WiMax network.  This service comes with an access fee.  There is no way for Sprint to know for a fact that you will not up and leave your home city and use this WiMax network and there is also no way to disable the access to that network.  **Therefore the fee is required** and Sprint cannot explain this to you.  But working in the telecommuncations business I CAN!

ENJOY YOUR EVO or EPIC 4G and quit complaining and whining.  Don't like the fee, find another carrier.  The fee isn't optional as Sprint must pay Clearwire for access to their WiMax network for you to access it as well if you happen to have the privaledge.

AND JUST IN CASE YOU ARE ALL WONDERING... I LIVE IN A CITY WITH NO 4G.  I QUESTIONED THE FEE.  DID SOME HOMEWORK.  FOUND OUT THE WHY AND THE PRICE DIFFERENCE.  THEN I BUILT A BRIDGE AND GOT OVER IT! LOL

Journeyman

AMEN, Peace 942!! Sprint is the cheapest so relax and enjoy your EVO. For all I do and have yet to learn to do, the $10 extra is totally worth it.

Journeyman

Re: Verizon iPhone 4

Yes, you could do that,but before you switch,weigh the price from one carriere to the other? And remember and be honest to your self,how many of us

look to see if we have 3G or 4G or how many bar do we have when we answering the incoming calls? I bet you non,why? because we all care just for one thing!As long the phone ring and does what suppose to do we all happy.

Journeyman

klaire73 wrote:

AMEN, Peace 942!! Sprint is the cheapest so relax and enjoy your EVO. For all I do and have yet to learn to do, the $10 extra is totally worth it.

Even though I only use 25MB per month and even though I won't see 4G in any part of the country I live, work or visit any time soon, I would be willing to pay $10 more just to get a decent phone - HOWEVER I have no desire to pay $60 more per month to get as many minutes as I have now and a decent phone which is what people on free and clear plans with unlimited data or many other plans would have to do.   It isn't just free and clear but F&C, F&F, Sero and a number of other plans which they allowed for WM phones, palm phones, web os phones and others in the past.

As far as I can tell this is SPrints way of saying we'll start the phones at a lower price - they used to sell the high end phones at around $400 in the past.   This phone started at $200 or so.   Months later the $400 phones would sell for $300 and then $200 and then free with a new contract.    I'd much rather pay for the phone up front instead of paying  $720 per year more in monthly fees so with a standard 2 year contract that is $1440 for a decent phone with Sprint.    Perhaps if they gave us a choice people wouldn't be so upset.

Highlighted
Wizard

This thread has become unmanageably large and is being locked to prevent future posts.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.