Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know more about the $10 Premium Data charge for your Samsung Epic 4G

Know more about the $10 Premium Data charge for your Samsung Epic 4G

Sprint should only charge 4 dollars if 4g is not available!!! Am I right?!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Know more about the $10 Premium Data charge for your Samsung Epic 4G

But the "add-on" isn't for 4g service...http://explainthefee.com/

I will probably get my posts edited/deleted, and my forum account locked out for this.  I have been posting this to every post I can find regarding this ridiculous fee.

http://explainthefee.com/

I should note that I have NO affiliation with the owner of the above listed site.  I am merely a concerned/dissatisfied customer of Sprint who is also looking for answers.  I am exercising my Right to Free Speech.  My goal is to make as many consumers & shareholders, individuals to who Sprint is accountable, aware of the exploitative tactics being employed by Sprint. 

Message was edited by: mordekai13

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Know more about the $10 Premium Data charge for your Samsung Epic 4G

Wow, that explain the fee really goes over everything possible a spint rep could think of.   just found out about the extra $10 premium data fee and am very, very, ....well let's just say displeased to keep the language clean.  Doesn't make sense at all since I do not live in a 4g area, and the one I did connect to 2 hours away didn't seem any faster than 3g, for the brief moment it was connected which was the other problem, ...i had trouble staying connected to the 4g service and had to settle with the really fast 5 bar 3g that made surfing the net so much more easy.  . With a 3g only phone I would do as much data usage as I would with a supposed 4g faster phone.  Also I primarily use wi-fi at work and at home.  We should at least be given the option to pay $10 for 4g, that would be the fair thing to do.  I used the moment, instinct and the new tansform and they all do the same thing as far as the data is concerned.  people using more data with 4g is stupid, plus how can a person do that anyways when the battery power will most likely not last that long if you turn the 4g on.

I was told, well after i bought the epic, that the $10 is for 4g even if it's not available in the area you live, but you pay just in case you use it in an area where it's at.  Cause according to the sprint store manager "Sprint has no way to know when you're using 4g", which is wierd cause 20 years ago any cell company new what state you were in, or county, what cell tower you where connected to etc, etc. So is 4g really a step backwards, primitive like the old brick looking cell phones, cause that's not worth paying extra for if old technology can track what you do with your phone and where but new technology can't..  You have the same speed internet but get a faster computer, the internet provider doesn't charge you extra cause they think the faster computer will make you use more data and will provide a better expierence.  I'm on the unlimited data family plan, so what does that mean then,...what is their defination of unlimted.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.