cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn how data usage is figured for Sprint Mobile Broadband plans

Learn how data usage is figured for Sprint Mobile Broadband plans

Has anyone heard about Sprint taking away Unlimted Data plans and now going to start doing what At&T and Verizon is already doing? I heard the tail end of it on the news this morning and I would like to know if anyone knows anything else about it? If it just affects the people who have 4g phones or is it going to be everyone that have data plans? When is this going to happen also? I haven't been able to get a hold of someone at a Sprint Store or anywhere else that can answer this question for me... Hopefully someone on here knows, what is going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Learn how data usage is figured for Sprint Mobile Broadband plans

With our data cards, you have a 5GB cap, that's been the case for all carriers for quite some time. Now with our 4G, there is no cap, which seems to be going the opposite direction that the news that you are referencing is stating it is going.

Master

Re: Learn how data usage is figured for Sprint Mobile Broadband plans

He is referring to this news that most every phone forum, Tech blogs are all abuzz about.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/22/sprint-ceo-hints-unlimited-data-could-end-if-usage-gets-crazy/

So far, Sprint's been steadfast in its commitment to keeping caps off its data plans -- a big selling point since AT&T's moved to tiered pricing and Verizon has threatened to do the same -- but the laws of supply and demand sadly still exist, and Sprint CEO Dan Hesse knows it. In speaking at the Emerging Technologies Conference at MIT today, Hesse mentioned that his company "can offer unlimited as long as the usage is reasonable," suggesting that a glut of extremely heavy users (you probably know who you are) could ultimately mean he "can't afford to do that anymore." Torrenting off a tethered EVO is fun, yes -- especially when you're on WiMAX -- but just remember: it might ultimately come back to bite you.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.