cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Hotspot On iPhone 4S

Journeyman

Where do I go on the site to turn off and on the hotspot feature for $1 a day? Will I receive some sort of notification or email when I'm getting close to my 5gb or is there somewhere I can see how much I've used?

Highlighted
Journeyman

log into your sprint.com account, under your devices, choose, change services. On the next screen scroll down and choose, mobile hotspot 29.99. You'll get a conformation screen stating your total cost for add-on services, mine says 39.99, 10 for premium data and 29.99 for hotspot, click finished making changes, and your done. You'll get an email about the change to your account. You can check your data usage back under your devices screen, to tje right of your phone click, see all usage, then pick data. I think its a little behind on the amount of data used, so if your getting close be careful, it might be a day behind. I never come close to 5gb so I'm not sure if you get a notice, I would assume a text msg, but a quick call to customer service would answer that question. When your done with the hotspot, just do the reverse, and remove the hotspot from your account, you'll get another email about the change to your account, then some crazy credits on your bill, 29.99 - days used etc, but it works great for me! $3 for a weekend of mobile hotspot is awesome. Also, I've done this from my evo3d, kinda tough on a small screen, but possible. Finally, don't blame me if they change their policy, I used it on jan 3rd 2012, and it worked, you can always verify with sprint customer service if your concerned,  but the sprint csr was the one who told me about it Enjoy!

Journeyman

Re: Mobile Hotspot On iPhone 4S

Will cell phone companies (including our carrier Sprint) EVER STOP nickle and dime'ing the consumer to death?  We already pay an extra $10/mo. for data.  Then if we want to use our cell phone as a "Hot Spot" (not sure why you would want to because 3G is still horribly slow) Sprint is going to charge us another $29.99/mo. ??? And this only gets you 5GB of data?!  What happened to "Avoid a data dilemma" Sprint?  What a joke.  I will be looking forward to the federal government passing legislation against all these absurd fees!  Shame on Sprint and all the other carriers.  One other point; cable modems with up and down speeds of 10 and 15 meg are only  $29.99 - $39.99/mo. in almost every region.  Why not just opt to have your cable company come out, set up service and buy an inexpensive access point for $14.99 (one-time fee)?

Dan Hesse should be taken out of corporate in silver bracelets.  Judging from all the antitrust and class action lawsuits on top of losing millions of subscribers sounds like he may not be employed their much longer.  If Sprint employees monitor this message board I would encourage you to shoot this little morsel to the top brass within Sprint.  Secondly, I would challenge any employee at Sprint to attempt a defense of your companies ridiculous billing practices and policies.

Incredibly disenfranchised,

Rob Koehler

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.