Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem on two phone plan?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Modem on two phone plan?

Curently I'm using a Cricket USB modem to go online with my netbook.  Unfortunately they have very skimpy coverage and If I travel too far afeild I can lose signal.  I'd much rather just tether it too my phone (an HTC Arrive) but it looks like Sprint isn't supporting that anymore.  I'd like to avoid the exra expense of a whole new plan for one of Sprint's USB modems.  I know I can have more than phone sharing a plan, does this apply to modems as well or will I still get charged extra?  My phone plan has unlimited data and a moden handles nothing but data.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Modem on two phone plan?

Sprint does offer the HOTSPOT feature on smartphones for $30/month  which gets you 5GB a month,,  There have been ways with Android to USB/Blue Tooth Tether using PDANET which is an App you run on the smartphone and some software on your laptop..  Technically, Apps like PDANET are against the rules but they work and probably if you don't use too much data, you can get by..   The HOTSPOT feature supports up to 5 WIFI devices and is fully supported...    It's all a matter of how much data you need..  One good feature of the HOT SPOT feature is I've found you can turn it on and off and only get charged for days you use it...  I don't know if they charge overage if you use more than 167MB of data per day...  Compared to buying a 3G tablet and paying having another plan, that seems to work out pretty well..  I will be curious when the new LTE phones on Sprint come out and they will offer HOTSPOT features and are in the LTE areas as they are rolled out what the speed will be...

mkirby02, If you were to select one of Sprints Mobile Broadband devices it would have its own plan. The plans range depending on your how much data you use the most popular plan is our 6gb plan for 49.99. If you are a heavy internet user then the 12GB plan for 79.99 would fit you better. ~Christina

Journeyman

Can I have two mifi hotspots share a single 12gb plan or do I have to get a seperate plan for each device?

Wizard

In response to your post, each device would require its own plan.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Well, since it's only costing me thirty bucks, I think I'll stick with Cricket for now.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.