cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contract expires soon, I want to upgrade to a new phone, and move my line onto a family plan. What is the best way to go about this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My contract expires soon, I want to upgrade to a new phone, and move my line onto a family plan. What is the best way to go about this?

I like Sprint and would like to stay, but I don't want to sign up for a new contract by myself and then run into issues trying to switch onto my families family plan. I would also like to keep my phone number. My number would be the third line on an Everything Data Family plan.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: My contract expires soon, I want to upgrade to a new phone, and move my line onto a family plan. What is the best way to go about this?

When your contract is up, go in to the sprint store with the account holder of the family plan you are joining. They can add a line to the family plan and port your number over, which will close your old account in the process. If you plan on upgrading your phone wait until you are on the new account, as in when you are at the store doing the account shuffling and not when you are still on your own account.

Sprint Employee

Re: My contract expires soon, I want to upgrade to a new phone, and move my line onto a family plan. What is the best way to go about this?

Hello paleozoic, you will not have to worry about changing from a stand alone plan to a shared plan later if you were to renew your agreement now. The only concern you may face is wether, or not all three phones are on the account.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.