cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New options for SERO plan customers

Journeyman

Re: New options for SERO plan customers

seriously people... even for sero they are making us get a new plan rather then an add-on.

you can bet that the same will be true for legacy. you will have to give up your old plan in order to get what you want.

My guess is it will be the same or very similar to the sero plan... no perks no discounts no family plans.

Journeyman

While it may make sense to do that, it's not going to happen for awhile. There's such a clusterf#ck of plans and add-ons already, adding more than 1 at a time would likely sink the ship. They're going to try this out for SERO customers, check out the reception to the deal, then possibly roll it out for older plans.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr117 wrote:

Essentially yes, as of October 1st you will be able to add the $10 add-on for the SERO to get Any Mobile, Anytime and Sprint Navigation, and the $10 Premium Data add-on for the EVO or Epic.

Well, at least one Sprint rep was willing to reply!

IMO, what Sprint needs to do is make a data buy up for all plans, that will provide, on a per line basis, the same features that "everything data" has to offer.  Make the buy up $29.99 per line for those on Fair and Flex, Free and Clear and $20 per line for those on "everything messaging."

Everything Data will still likely be a better value for those who just want multiple "restricted" devices on a family plan, but buying up will be better for those who want it just on one line.  Sprint can get customers to pay for features they used to get for free (data, messaging, etc) and still keep many customers happy when compared to Verizon and AT&T pricing.  Keep the data option as a hard coded requirement just like the Everything data plans are now, giving the rep the 2 options of "switch plan" or "add on data pack."  The new 4G devices would still pay an additional $10 fee, and Sprint would stop having as many customers complain about what device they can get on what plan.

Now, if the people who have the power to do this would actually pay attention to what their customers want.  Well, that's wishful thinking as the former "advisory group" people know.

Essentially yes, as of October 1st you will be able to add the $10 add-on for the SERO to get Any Mobile, Anytime and Sprint Navigation, and the $10 Premium Data add-on for the EVO or Epic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hope I am not intruding, but I am currently on a Sero Flair and Flexible $30 plan.  I persume I am eligable for this new Sero Premium so I can get the 4g Samsung Epic and my montly cost will go from $30 to $50.  As far as I have read, the plan will have 500 Minutes, unlimited text, data, mobile to mobile and GPS.  Is this information correct?  Thanks in advance for any replies.

axgz

Wizard

Jeter wrote:

It is just easy for them to make this change with SERO and you guys are not really saving that much

You CAN'T have a discount of any kind on this new plan.

If you have a family plan a ED1500 with  25% corp discount which i have is cheaper then SERO.

Actually, for me, with a single line and no available "discounts," SERO Premium would save me over $250 a year from my EPRP plan (it would save nearly $400 for someone with a regular plan).

That much saving IS an appreciable difference for one on a fixed disability income.

(And yes, when I was told by people up to the exec. and regulatory services level that there was no chance that the SERO plan I was on would ever cover a handset with the features I needed, it did turn out not to be true.)

Message was edited by: tomas472

Journeyman

What he said times two!

Wizard

Ok first OFF I DO NOT NOR EVER DID HAVE SERO.But i do have a old legecy plan which with this new deal will get me another discount.I was told when i opened my ED1500 that SERO WOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO MOVE UP AND GET ANDROID.

Many people WERE lied to when a REP tells you It will never happen and you upgrade then they are lying and is a breach of contract.

I have my account noted so i careless what is said about other then it is BS for the people who were lied to.I just think the other people who have FC AND FF should be able to upgrade.

And SERO is not anywhere near as large as the old FF AND FC about 9-1 more Legecy plans the SERO plans out there so your not that large base.It is just easy for them to make this change with SERO and you guys are not really saving that much

You CAN'T have a discount of any kind on this new plan.

If you have a family plan a ED1500 with  25% corp discount which i have is cheaper then SERO.

Anyway i hope it works out for good for everyone.

Journeyman

Sprint will not brocast this but can't you imagine how the people who  gave up SERO feel cause they were told this is the only way to get  android.

The people that gave up there plan previously, to get Android or WebOS or Instinct, were not lied to.  At the time it WAS the only way to get them.  These folks made the decision that it was worth it to them to switch.  This whole type of scenario happens every day with various industries.

If I buy a Sony TV and then Sony releases a larger one at the same price point, can I complain after 3 - 6 months that they need to let me get the big one for nothing extra because they "lied" to me and didnt tell me a bigger one was coming out at the same price?

I think the older corvettes are ugly, does that mean Chevy lied to me and didnt tell me the newer ones were gonna be better?  Does this mean I can get a new one for nothing extra?

For those on the old Free and Clear plans or Fair and Flexible, you kept your plans and add-ons because of the crazy good price you have been getting.  Lets not beat around the bush here.  You have had, in some cases, YEARS to upgrade to either SERO or other more current plan.  You were and still are getting away with a great plan and know that.  Sprint simply called your hand after all this time and now you feel slighted.  It is a two way street you know.

It has been said that those older plans do not make Sprint much money, if at all when looked at, at the subscriber level.  I am sure they would love to see those old plans migrate away.  Id like to see you guys get a better price from any of the other carriers that comes close to what you pay now.  Not gonna happen.

SERO is such a sizeable customer base it simply made business sense to entice us users to upgrade with this.

Wizard

what i am saying is they will not brodcast it so many many people who left SERO for EPRP and many of us Legecy Plan Holders will not find out about it so the number of people who complain to sprint will be very small.

But the amount of people who take advantage of this and the people who complain about it i do NOT think will help sprint very much.

And the day you gave up your SERO plan it was over for you.Noway they will let you back on it now to take advantage of this deal noway no how.