cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New options for SERO plan customers

112 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: New options for SERO plan customers

I'm locking this thread as it has become difficult to manage due to the large amount of posts (100+) as well as duplicate questions and those not related to the original intent of the posting.  Please search the other threads around the new SERO plans, or, if you can't find an answer, please start a new discussion.

• New options for SERO plan customers: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/42978
  • Please read before switching to SERO Premium Plan: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/44957
  • Will I Lose My SERO Perks by Switching to Sero Premium?: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/45297
  • Customer Service experience with SERO plan swaps: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/45805
  • Sero Upgrade to Sero Premium w/4g Data Package: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/45908

Thank you,

Claudia

Wizard

@sandman512:

I'm assuming you are referring to the FAQs at http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/EPRP2-modal.asp -- when they say "upgrade," they're referring to device upgrades.

How do I change my rate plan if I want to upgrade my device to one of the devices listed above?

If you need to change rate plans to one of the Everything Plus Data rate  plans due to an upgrade to one of the devices listed above, your rate  plan change will be transacted at the same time as your upgrade if you  upgrade through Sprint-owned Retail Store. If you upgrade via Sprint.com or Telesales, your upgrade will be shipped inactive, requiring you to  call Sprint Care at 888-876-8381 to activate your device and change rate  plans.

I want to change rate plans, unrelated to a device upgrade. Can I do this? How?

In order to change your rate plan, please email everythingreferral@sprint.com or call Sprint Care at 888-876-8381.  Keep in mind the following: new  SERO Premium rate plans will not launch until 10/1/10. Only customers  already on a SERO rate plan will be eligible to move to the new SERO  Premium rate plans.

There are different transactions a customer can do:

1. Upgrade phone (which may require a plan change at the time of activation)
  2. Plan change only

Re #1:  If you did this at a Sprint Store, both the phone upgrade and plan change will be handled there (although I've read posts from SERO customers who had a long wait time at a Store because the folks there weren't aware of the new plans, sigh).  If you upgraded your phone online and you're required to change your plan, you have to call 888-876-8381.

Re #2: SERO plans are not currently offered online, I can guarantee you that because I worked on the online Change Plan functionality; those plans are not loaded in our online system.

Wizard

@pablomentabo:

I don't have any insight into marketing and pricing decisions as I work in a completely different department.  And even if I were aware of these initiatives, I could not reveal them here prior to the official public announcement without most certainly losing my job.  Is there a possibility that E+ customers can get on SERO plans?  As of right now, I would say no, because the current policy is to only offer SERO Premium to customers who are still on a SERO plan.  E+ customers are not eligible for SERO Premium.

I don't understand why the rep told you to go to Best Buy if you wanted to escalate.  To me that looks much like dumping the problem onto someone else to deal with - not cool and very unprofessional.  However, again, the rule is that customers who have moved off of the SERO plan because they wanted a 4G phone (and are now on Everything Plus) CANNOT get back on their old SERO plan unless they are still within their 30-Day Risk Free Guarantee period. I.e., if you return/leave the new device and return to your old one within 30 Days of activating the new one, your account will get restored to its old state, including prior plan and commitment.  Now, I do not know if it's possible, but if you're still within the 30 days, you could return the phone, get back on your old SERO plan, then upgrade to the 4G phone and switch to SERO Premium.

Journeyman

When my severance period was complete, I was forced to go to the Everything Plus Referral Offer because I wanted a 4G phone.  Would I be eligible for the SERO Premium Plan now or am I jsut out of luck?  It would have been nice to have been given a heads up that there were some changes coming to the plans.  I really do not think that it is fair that I am now stuck with an Everything Plan.

Journeyman

One would like to switch to SERO premium to get free mobile 2 mobile and have navigation or get BIS.

This way a lot of people can actually move down from the 1250 to 500 if most of their calls are too mobile phones.

I want to become a premier customer, is the min of $70/month for 3 months for a single line or is it also for a account that has a combined monthly bill of over $70/month.

I have been with Sprint for 3 years and would like to be moved to premier status.

The new SERO Premium plan also includes Any Mobile, Anytime instead of Mobile to Mobile.

Journeyman

Pandaman2010, i'm curious.  why would you want to upgrade to SERO Premium if you're not interested in getting a different phone?  If things are fine with your TP2 on your current plan, why would you want to pay $10 more a month?

And to answer your question, I think you don't have to have a new contract, if you're willing to pay for the new phone at full price.

Journeyman

Abedinna, the question isn't how long you've been on SERO, but rather when was the last time you upgraded your phone.

Message was edited by: heavyblow1

Journeyman

I also tried to upgrade my plan from SERO to SERO Premium online today but it doesn't seem to recognise that I'm on a SERO plan.  It tells me that I can only upgrade to the $99.99 unlimited plan with no mention of SERO at all.

Journeyman

Can I upgrade to SERO Premium without buying any phone and without needing to sign a one or two year contract? I currently have the SERO F&F 500 and my 2 year contract expired a year ago so I'm on month to month.  I have a TP2 and it works great for me but I could use the any mobile any time and navigation. I might upgrade to a better phone later but not right now. Thanks!