cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No upgrade discount before 2 yr contract is up?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

No upgrade discount before 2 yr contract is up?

I got my Samsung Epic in January of 2011. I love it, but out of curiousity I wanted to see how much an upgrade to the new Galaxy III would be. I looked at some other phones too and noticed there is no discount at all for upgrading "early" before Jan 2013.

Does this mean that every 2 years I can 'upgrade' by signing a new 2 year contract and that's the only time there is a discount of any kind?

2 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: No upgrade discount before 2 yr contract is up?

Onyx_Wolf,

Thank you for your post. Effective 10/2/11, new and existing customers qualify for discounts every 20 months. Existing customers that upgrade before 10/2/11 or haven't yet upgraded can upgrade at 22 months. Once you upgrade, you will qualify every 20 months for an upgrade. Upgrading with discounted pricing will require a new 2-year agreement.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Re: No upgrade discount before 2 yr contract is up?

Thanks for your reply. That's rather disappointing since most phones start to die at about 14 months. They just don't build these things to last, sadly.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.