cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone options for Free & Clear Family Plan with data

Highlighted
Patron

My Treo 755 is on its last leg, locking up multiple times a day. What phones can I use (new or used) that will work with my plan? I would like a PDA/Smartphone style device. I do not want to change my current plan which is Free & Clear Family Plan 1000 with Sprint Data Plus Pack and Sprint Casual Data (both are currently added on for free)

Thanks,

D

22 REPLIES 22
Wizard

I'm sorry, but all PDA/smartphones require a data plan.  Check this the list of phones in this post: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/286992#286992. You should be able to get any of those devices and keep your F&C plan.

Patron

I already have data plan with my F&C plan. Is there any PDA or smartphone like devices I can use without changing or adding to my plan?

Thxs,

D

Wizard

What you have with your F&C rate plan is a data pack add-on.  Smartphones require a data RATE plan, i.e., Everything Data or Simply Everything.

The phones listed in the other phone are also data-capable for which your data pack add-on suffices, but it is not enough for a phone classified as a smart or PDA phone in our systems.

Journeyman

Samsung intrepid,,HTC Snap,,HTC touchpro 1 @ 2,,  palm treo pro,,

Journeyman

Another cool option could be  the Rumor Touch with Opera mini 6.0 installed, and or the Sanyo 3810 with Opera mini 6.0 installed, I also have the blue 755 but did not pursue the Opera mini download ,,,nice phone.......Go to yor web browser and type m.opera.com          then later           always accept,,,,agree!

Journeyman

I have a HTC touch pro 2 with a $15 data pack. my wife has an old Moto Q. Indestructable unless imersed in water. But I cannot figure out how to send picture mail on the Q

Journeyman

I guess HTC touch pro 2 still the lastest smartphone for Free and Clear.

Journeyman

Yes, it would be very very (very) nice if Sprint allowed a faster  smartphone on the Free & Clear plan,   but we are probably lucky  Sprint allows even this slow old HTC TP2   smartphone.  Probalby the only  way Sprint will allow this is if they   realize sooner, rather than later,  that the F&C plans are not   converting to the newer more expensive  Sprint everything plans, and   instead the F&C people leave Sprint for  greener pastures and  faster  phones (probably, I hate to say it, where I  am headed). Because  if you  have to switch plans, you might as well  switch companies too.   I  currently have 3 of the HTC Touch Pro 2's on my  F&C plan.  The  TP2  is at the low end of the smart phones in terms  of speed. HTC TP2  are  annoying slow half the time, sometimes they are  peppy (well not  peppy,  but tolerable), and often at random times,  usually when you  need the  phone to be fast, they stare at you and do  nothing for 45  seconds, then  decide OK, you've waited long enough, now I  will sort of  cooperate.  The TP2 is like a house cat, it does what it  wants when it  wants,  sometimes fast, but usually lazy and sluggish. The  HTC TP2  runs Windows  Mobile 6.5 which is an annoying interface,  somethings are  intuative  most are not.  

If you do decide to go with the TP2 here are some notes to speed up the HTC TP2:

• Install WiMoSpeed that overclocks the TP2 CPU (it  does  speed it up about 10 to 15%).  WiMoSpeed runs under WM6.5 or  WM6.1 (WM =  windows mobile).  Normally  the TP2 runs at 528 Mhz, but  with this  application I can run my TP2  over 700 Mhz. You need to test  it a bit at a  time because each phone is  different.  For the wimospeed  application  The HTC TP2 is also referred  to as a Rhodium

WiMoSpeed link with a CAB to install it. The latest  version  is v1.09                 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=887469

• Use the TASKmanager to kill ALL running   applications often.  I use Activesync to download my Gmail and Calendar   but I schedule it to run every hour or 2 at the most.
  • Connect the HTC TP2 to wireless internet whenever possible.

The  HTC TP2 will run Android.  I  tried putting Android on the HTC  TP2 and  YES, it is such a good OS  compared to WM6.5 that I suffered  through how  super slow it was for over  a month. My experience was that  Android on  the HTC TP2 was 200% slower  than WM6.5.  If someone can  tell me how to  get Android to run super fast  on the TP2 I would be in  heaven.     http://www.androidonhtc.com/

Cost:  I  have been with Sprint for 12 years   (since 2000).  I went with Sprint   because they offered a 25% discount   on the F&C plan. They used to  give 25% off everything on the bill,   but since 2011 Sprint has  elimated the  25% Sprint discount on all the   data parts of the plan  (any part of the plan under $29.99 does not   recieve a discount  anymore) + Sprint now  charges more per phone for   some random  surcharge. So my bill has gone up $25/mo in the last year   since 2011,  and I have changed nothing.

I never sign a  Sprint  contract at renewal + always buy my own phone and I can   activate the phone  directly from  the Sprint website (pretty cool  thing  Sprint has   implemented).  You can get the HTC TP2 for under  $100 in  near new   condition on eBay. I have paid from $50 to $125 for  an HTC  TP2 depending  on the condition.  Just get it from a highly  rated  seller, and make   sure you test all the keys and the camera and  such  the day you get it.  I   have had to send back a few of the phones  that  don't work the way they   are advertised.  The reason I don't  sign a  contract is because 2 years  is a long long time + I want the   flexibility to go elsewhere whenever I  want.  Also, in my experience   whenever I sign a contract the company  seems to increase the bill  since  I am locked in.  Plus Sprint treats me  way nicer when I don't  have a  contract. They do not want me to leave and  they no I don't have  to  stay.

Journeyman

Re: Phone options for Free & Clear Family Plan with data

New phone added for legacy plan - LG rumor Reflex.

Journeyman

Is the LG Rumor Reflex an Android or Windows Mobile phone?

Journeyman

neither android nor windows but brew mp OS >> http://www.brewmp.com/

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.