cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read before switching to SERO Premium Plan

Wizard

Please read before switching to SERO Premium Plan

I'm posting this message on behalf of our Marketing Department.  I'm sure it will trigger a heated discussion again as the last article about SERO Premium plans!  When I asked about the rationale for the drop of discounts, I was told that SERO plans already represent a significant discount and as such they decided the new Premium plans could not be discounted any further.  And many, although not all, SERO basic plans are already not combinable with other discounts. So anyone who is receiving discounts on a basic plan now wanting to upgrade to SERO Premium has a choice - upgrade and lose discounts or stay on their current discounted plan and, I'm sorry to say, their current phone.

As of 10/1/10, there will be two SERO Premium plans available, SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month. SERO Premium plans will match current SERO rate plans with two added features, Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. SERO Premium rate plans will be compatible with all devices offered by Sprint. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be able to swap to a SERO Premium rate plan. SERO Premium rate plans will not be discountable – customers on current SERO plans receiving discounts above and beyond the already discounted SERO rate will lose those discounts when moving to a SERO premium plan. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10 Premium Data add-on.

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Please read before switching to SERO Premium Plan

How is the equipment on this new plan going to be priced at ?? For upgrade customers ?? Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Wizard

Switching to the SERO Premium plan doesn't impact equipment pricing and your eligibility for savings when you upgrade your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply ClaudiPo !

Highlighted

So does this mean that those Everything Data Plus and Simply Everything Plus plans are now going to get the same discount as these new SERO plans?  If not, then I think those old SERO customers that swapped to these "Plus" plans got totally bent over and rammed (if you get my drift).  As such, Sprint should do the right thing and allow such customers to actually reap the reward of paying through the nose by giving them at least the option to get one of the SERO Premium plans, AND get any new device (be it a handset, data card, whatever) at no cost (i.e., FREE!).  Just my 2 cents worth.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I came to Sprint a few years ago BECAUSE I was offered the SERO 500 plan. I had it up until the Palm Pre first came out and then I was forced to switch to the Everything Data 450 plan. I now have the HTC EVO and I want to reclaim my SERO 500 plan. Will I be able to do so? I just sent an email everythingreferral@sprint.com and am currently waiting for a response.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, but that SERO plan has ridden off into the sunset..Once u change from SERO it is GONE Baby GONE!! They now have the SERO 500 w/any M2M for like $59.99/mo..But that is as good as it gets! I truly believe that Sprint wants to get rid of the old SERO plans..They are LOSING $$ with all the low cost/prks associated with them..Not to mention, the Sero Premium CANNOT receive any addt'l discounts (like corporate)!..SUCKS!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

josh, nobody forced you to switch plans.

anyway one question.  when i go to look at upgrades in the online store, it says you are only elegible if your plan is above $39.99 /mo. is this true with sero?

thank you

-k

Highlighted
Wizard

Just double-checked with Marketing.  According to them, the $39.99 plan MRC rule does NOT apply to SERO and SWAC (Sprint Wireless Advantage Club) plans.  So for example, if you are on the $30/500 SERO plan, $20/500 or $35/1000 SWAC plans, you'd still be eligible for the $75 and $150 instant savings, respectively.  Not an issue for Everything Plus because all those plans start above $39.99.

Message was edited by: ClaudiPo

Highlighted
Journeyman

.Well all things come to an end & pass. One was or another. The new phones have more capabilities than the older phones. They carry more data too. SO, if you want the newer phones  can do more, you have to pay more. As far as a I know, the only two phones that have an extra sur charge of $10. are the evo & the eric ( that newer one) other than that, you still have an upgraded plan for the new phones. That seems reasonable. I have the evo. Been on sprint over 11 years. A family plan of three lines. Unlimited data. Its better than a limited plan like ATT. You get 2 gigs. They have the iphone & many features are blocked by ATT. So, I IDK, I still think this is far better than any other carrier out their. I went through many changes with sprint.   A lot of which I didn't agree with, but in the end, I'm still pretty satisfied.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From my understanding, if a SERO account switches to SERO Premium they always? have the option to switch back? Being the regular/old SERO is no longer offered, will these plans still be in the system when it comes time for the account to be switched back? I do understand that you have to be on SERO already before any of these options are available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are talking about the rebate eligibility for Sprint Customers who have service plans with a base monthly plan price of $39.98 or less, which is listed as one of the additional requirements for existing customers who are upgrading their device, the way I read it, it says that: it "MAY be REQUIRED", but not that it "IS REQUIRED".  The sales rep in the Sprint store confirmed my SERO plan of $30/mo., so I sure hope she did not mislead me on my eligibility for this rebate, because I probably would not have bought the phone I did last week without her promise that I'd get another $50 rebate from Sprint by mail if I sent it in!  That's just one of the things about mail-in rebates that I hate. You really can never be sure you'll actually get them until the check finally reaches your hand.  Its no fun when you get some notice saying there was an error in your rebate submission, or that you've failed to meet ALL of the requirements to receive it and it's too late to make it right!  Then it's Bye Bye Rebate & it leaves a really nasty taste with me when I go to the trouble to jump through all the hoops properly, yet still end up DENIED weeks later or sometimes you never know & they're a pain to follow up for...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.