Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECEIVING International Calls on Sprint while INSIDE the USA

SOLVED
Journeyman

Hello,

I have gotten many conflicting answers/replies to this question.

I was told by Sprint customer support when I called them by the lady who answered that I will NOT be charged international rates to RECEIVE international calls while I'm in the USA but then I am told by her manager that yes, Sprint charges international rates to RECEIVE international calls while I am inside the USA (no international roaming involved here).

This seems a bit absurd to me as Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile/Boost Mobile/VIRGIN/etc. HECK anyone in the world does not charge you international rates for receiving calls. I understand that my minutes (which may be limited in my case to 1500) will be used accordingly for any calls I receive even though they may be international or local.

I was told by this same Manager to add a long distance service and pay $15.00 on every phone extra every month to recieve international calls and not get chrged for it. Now 4 of my friends using Sprint have told me that in the last 5 years that they have been with Sprint they have NEVER been charged this money that I am being charged!

So my question is, is this true to Sprint? Then I seriously need to change my services as I was supplied false information on signing up! But now I am beyond my 30 days also so I am majorly stuck with Sprint and this deal really does not make sense! I will be paying Sprint almost $2000.00 in the next two years to RECEIVE international calls!!!

Someone should seriously look into bringing a class-action lawsuit if this is really the case and involve me in it!

If I have misunderstood anything, I would LOVE to be clarified!

Munz.

2 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: RECEIVING International Calls on Sprint while INSIDE the USA

AN UPDATE!

Ok...so after 11 calls and countless hours of wasted time, I finally found the FIRST logical person (Tonya in the International department) who understood that this does not make sense! THANKS TONYA!!!

Anyways...Lets see how much credit I get for the last two bills that I paid $15 + $15 (Intl. LD) on two phones for two months = $60.00 for No Reason!

Munz.

Journeyman

Also to add:

I am told that the person who made me add the $15.00/month LD service charge was not even from the 'international department' and he had no clue what he was talking about!!! So am I supposed to double and tripple check and confirm everything a customer service representative tells me in Sprint??? This is ridiculous!!! These guys need to have better employees and better training or something!!!

Munz.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.