cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate plan advice details for upgrading a SERO Touch Pro

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm currently on the SERO $30/mo plan for 500 mins and unlimited data with my HTC Touch Pro (original model). The phone is close to dead, major screen problems, and though I carry the insurance so I could (theoretically) get it repaired/replaced, I'm thinking I'm about done with WinMo and ready to jump to Android or BB. I don't use much text or any multimedia features of smartphones, but I do have an Exchange server that I use for my email/contacts/calendar.

"ClaudiPo" posted this blog entry that the new $10 "premium" data fee would not affect SERO customers, but that a SERO customer might be required to upgrade to the SERO Premium plan. Does anyone have any details on this? What are the terms and price for the SERO Premium plan? Do all new Smartphones activated now require the SERO Premium plan?

Please no recomendations on which phone or which OS or whatever, unless it relates to having to upgrade to SERO Premium or stick with my current SERO plan. For my purposes Android and BB do the same thing, so one of them will allow me to keep paying $30/mo thats the one I'll get.

3 REPLIES 3

yes you will be required to upgrade your plan if you change to an adriod or blackberry phone. its an additional 10.oo permonth. Information is listed below.

Subscribers on a SERO Basic plan who upgrade to an Iconic device will be able to remain on a SERO plan by choosing from one of our new SERO Premium plans.

SERO Premium plans cost an additional $10/month and include the added benefits of Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation

Journeyman

Hi kmcasteberry.

I have a similar question, I have a Samsung Rant on the SERO 500 minute $30 plan and want to upgrade to the HTC Evo 4G plan.

What are my options?

I went to the local retail store here and was told tht I would get a $69.99 (including $10 for Data) plan which has 450 Anytime minutes, unlimited data and messaging. Applying my corporate discount gets me to about $55 per month.

Is this the best plan available? Is this the SERO Premium plan?

Wizard

KRISHK1978 wrote:

Hi kmcasteberry.

I have a similar question, I have a Samsung Rant on the SERO 500 minute $30 plan and want to upgrade to the HTC Evo 4G plan.

What are my options?

I went to the local retail store here and was told tht I would get a $69.99 (including $10 for Data) plan which has 450 Anytime minutes, unlimited data and messaging. Applying my corporate discount gets me to about $55 per month.

Is this the best plan available? Is this the SERO Premium plan?

You can upgrade SERO 500 minute $30 plan to an EVO but your bill will be $50.00 ($30 SERO + $10 SERO Premium + $10 4G tax) + tax

Check this

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/273955#273955

or

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/plans/blog/2011/01/19/whats-there-to-kno...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.