cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

You might want to put a disclaimer on the AnyMobile/AnyTime feature that your phone must be on the Sprint network for that to apply.

I believe this is also the case for the Mobile to Mobile feature as well. So add that disclaimer there too.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

Thanks for that. I knew that I'd miss a typo in there somewhere along the way. I added a bunch more information as well as more comparison charts.

I'm also adding the link into the initial post in this thread. Correction, I can't edit the original post anymore, I'll have to PM Will and have him change it probably.

Message was edited by: halcyoncmdr

Your comparison charts are okay, but seem to focus just on unlimited plans. Many other ways to get those Verizon prices down.

If I was forced off of Sprint's legacy plan (with discounted add-ons) that I am on now, I would have to pay $69.99/month. However, I could get what I want on Verizon, with their "Network" for $74.95/month (smart-phone plan too). Just saying that there are plenty of combinations that are missed in your comparisons and that unlimited is not what everyone wants/needs.

Highlighted

The comparisons are not meant to be all-inclusive, they are meant as an overview of the currently offered plans that are getting headlines. Not to mention we already had these comparison charts already available in our stores so I just had to reproduce them in the file. I plan to add a couple more, but until then if people need specific plan comparisons they should take the time to do that themselves to ensure they are getting the best value before deciding.

Sprint isn't the cheapest for every situation, but making a comparison chart for every situation available would take a lot of time and isn't worth the effort for the number of people that would benefit.

Journeyman

It is great! Fyi- You might want to check on the NDC Custom Plans. I don't see them on the site, but not sure if they are completely gone.

Hmm interesting... I added the pages originally on the 13th, before the new plan brochures and changes happened on the 14th. The new plan brochures don't have the NDC plans in them, and checking our internal pages it looks like the plans were discontinued on the 14th with the price changes. The NDC Custom plans have been removed from the spreadsheet.

Journeyman

I just thought of comparison worth adding as it always is brought up on this site. A family plan with a phone that requires an Everything Data family plan, but yet keep the other phones without the data charge?

Does Verizon/AT&T allow this, more importantly do you save any money with Sprint?

In addition, I see you left T-Mobile off the list. I know they have less customers, but seems like it might be worth showing what they have to offer too.

Journeyman

Had some trouble with my pc, so I wasn't able to open the link until today.   Looks really good....

How current is the information right now and how often do you plan to update it?   Is it something you'll have available on Sprint's website sometime soon?

miketech_79 wrote:

I just thought of comparison worth adding as it always is brought up on this site. A family plan with a phone that requires an Everything Data family plan, but yet keep the other phones without the data charge?

Does Verizon/AT&T allow this, more importantly do you save any money with Sprint?

In addition, I see you left T-Mobile off the list. I know they have less customers, but seems like it might be worth showing what they have to offer too.

Verizon and AT&T do allow this, however it is a lot of work to add another section for every family plan with one data phone and one without data. The charts I have here are only slight modifications of current charts available internally that I just had to copy over into the doc. I may do this in the future, but at the moment it is a lot of work and will take some time to copy over in the same layout that I am using currently. I just finished a couple days ago redoing the entire comparison page to match the same layout down the length.

As for T-mobile, it is essentially the same thing, it is simply going to take time to do it. I probably will, but it isn't on the plate immediately.

taft-buyer wrote:

Had some trouble with my pc, so I wasn't able to open the link until today.   Looks really good....

How current is the information right now and how often do you plan to update it?   Is it something you'll have available on Sprint's website sometime soon?

The latest update is referenced at the bottom of every page, at the moment I last updated the information on Feb. 17th. The doc is entirely a personal endeavor and is not endorsed by Sprint, hence the disclaimer at the bottom of every doc page as well. I plan on keeping it updated as new plans are released, but it may not be up to date immediately after a change, which is why I have the last updated date on there as well. As a side to that, most likely the page will not be officially posted on the Sprint.com site since it is not an official document.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

Verizon and AT&T do allow this, however it is a lot of work to add another section for every family plan with one data phone and one without data. The charts I have here are only slight modifications of current charts available internally that I just had to copy over into the doc. I may do this in the future, but at the moment it is a lot of work and will take some time to copy over in the same layout that I am using currently. I just finished a couple days ago redoing the entire comparison page to match the same layout down the length.

As for T-mobile, it is essentially the same thing, it is simply going to take time to do it. I probably will, but it isn't on the plate immediately.

I understand it will take time and you may not get to it immediately, just thought I would mention it as a suggestion.

Keep up the updates and who knows maybe someone internally will see it and give you a promotion!

Journeyman

Very well done!  I am bookmarking this page as an easy place to check rate plan information.  I will of course be double checking the Sprint site as well just to be safe

Thanks for the time and effort you spent on this!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.