cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Re: Sprint Plan Spreadsheet

Hmm interesting... I added the pages originally on the 13th, before the new plan brochures and changes happened on the 14th. The new plan brochures don't have the NDC plans in them, and checking our internal pages it looks like the plans were discontinued on the 14th with the price changes. The NDC Custom plans have been removed from the spreadsheet.

Journeyman

It is great! Fyi- You might want to check on the NDC Custom Plans. I don't see them on the site, but not sure if they are completely gone.

Highlighted

The comparisons are not meant to be all-inclusive, they are meant as an overview of the currently offered plans that are getting headlines. Not to mention we already had these comparison charts already available in our stores so I just had to reproduce them in the file. I plan to add a couple more, but until then if people need specific plan comparisons they should take the time to do that themselves to ensure they are getting the best value before deciding.

Sprint isn't the cheapest for every situation, but making a comparison chart for every situation available would take a lot of time and isn't worth the effort for the number of people that would benefit.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

Thanks for that. I knew that I'd miss a typo in there somewhere along the way. I added a bunch more information as well as more comparison charts.

I'm also adding the link into the initial post in this thread. Correction, I can't edit the original post anymore, I'll have to PM Will and have him change it probably.

Message was edited by: halcyoncmdr

Your comparison charts are okay, but seem to focus just on unlimited plans. Many other ways to get those Verizon prices down.

If I was forced off of Sprint's legacy plan (with discounted add-ons) that I am on now, I would have to pay $69.99/month. However, I could get what I want on Verizon, with their "Network" for $74.95/month (smart-phone plan too). Just saying that there are plenty of combinations that are missed in your comparisons and that unlimited is not what everyone wants/needs.

Journeyman

You might want to put a disclaimer on the AnyMobile/AnyTime feature that your phone must be on the Sprint network for that to apply.

I believe this is also the case for the Mobile to Mobile feature as well. So add that disclaimer there too.

Thanks for that. I knew that I'd miss a typo in there somewhere along the way. I added a bunch more information as well as more comparison charts.

I'm also adding the link into the initial post in this thread. Correction, I can't edit the original post anymore, I'll have to PM Will and have him change it probably.

Journeyman

It's great! And it's great that you have it on Google Docs.

Typo: Mationwide Long Distance and No Roaming Charges should be Nationwide.

I just remade it from scratch. Google Docs has limitations that excel doesn't, but it is easier to maintain overall and I was able to get it relatively close to what I had before.

I am still going to improve on it though, this is just the main stuff. At the store we have a side-by-side comparison of competitor plans that I will recreate in there as well. Easier to copy real collateral than to recreate it from scratch on my own. (What is there already is almost directly from the plan brochure).

Journeyman

Looks good!

Did you import a file (Excel, etc) or make it from scratch? What is interesting is it displays it like a webpage format.

Maybe once you get it done you could work with Will to get this link in a better spot on the community so more people will see it.

Unfortunately the hard drive the almost completed file was on failed and I lost everything. Since there still seems to be some interest in it, I will try making it again and see what happens. I like the idea of using Google Docs as well, hadn't considered that before, makes it easy to update and have available without worrying about my drive dying. haha

I am also thinking of adding a small section comparing a couple of competitor plans as well.

Better to be informed and make your decision on that information rather than just rely on marketing in my opinion.

EDIT: After a little bit of time I recreated part of it at least on Google Docs. It isn't the same as what I had before, but it is at least a single place with the information. You should be able to access it from this link. If not, here's the direct link:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tM5kNLUvHaJZAKQWjeHVSig&gid=0

Let me know what you think. It is not done, but it is a good start.