Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint customers unfairly treated for new phones

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sprint customers unfairly treated for new phones

With what I just posted above, 2YEAR AGREEMENT "INSTANT SAVINGS" 300.00. When you upgrade you are signing another "2 YEAR AGREEMENT". Just like a new customer is doing. I hope this helps you better understand the way the upgrade goes.

Highlighted
Master

coinoperatedboy wrote:

no, after 2 years, existing customers only get $175 off of a new phone, not the $300 in instant savings a new customer would get.

as it stands, its cheaper for me to cancel my service, and have my wife sign up to get new phones.

Where are you getting that info from? Upgrade eligible customers(full upgrade $150) get the same discounts applied as new customers, It's just broke down differently. See my post above.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the illustration...it clarifies several questions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is the problem which I think everyone is missing.  If upgrading at Sprint, they will treat you like a new customer and allow you to get new customer pricing so long as you sign a new 2yr contract.  BUT if you look at say.. Walmart right now, it's not at all the same.  Example, a brand new customer can currently get the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch for just $99!!!  Unreal.  But a customer like me, who's 2yr contract expired back in March (I was waiting for SGS2E4GT) will have to pay $154.99 when RENEWING a 2yr contract.  That totally sucks and now I'm going to have to find a way to cancel my contract and keep my phone number so I can sign up again as a new customer to get the discount (I'm a student, a $55 dollar savings goes a long way).

To be fair, Sprint might not be able to control this.  But it sure looks bad to us loyal customers who have been holding down the fort for years when we can't get the same deal as some clown who was "enjoying" crappy service at AT&T the whole time and is just now seeing the light and coming to Sprint.  That's the kind of thing that will cause Sprint to lose customers.  Again, maybe only Walmart can make the decision to include that pricing to RENEWING customers but when I walk into a Walmart of visit Walmart.com and see that deal, I have no idea how it all really works.  I just see that new people are getting better treatment than those of us who have been with the company for years.  I just feel ripped off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any Sprint CSR or moderator care to comment on this?  Is it that those of us who have been patiently waiting for months for the release of this phone are now getting screwed on the pricing while some jack@ss who switches carriers every other year gets the best deal?  As a customer with a contract that has expired what are my options?  I'd like to stay with Sprint but if I can go to a different carrier and get basically the same phone (or better depending on how the rumored verizon version is speced) at a better price why not?  Where's the appreciation for current customers?

Highlighted
Master

There isn't much to say.  It is out of our control if somebody can sell the phone for less than we can.  Still, new customers and existing customers that have fulfilled their contract get the exact same price.  It is not because of Sprint's actions that someone can get it at Wal-Mart for less money.  I will tell you however, that I have always gotten a less expensive price for phones when I called our telesales department and ordered phones that way.  The price I get is always cheeper.  Why don't you explain the situation to telesales and see what they can do.  The # is: 8007774681

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for responding.  I"ll give it a go!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also very confused about the pricing for existing customers ADDING (not upgrading) a new line with a new contract vs. a new customer signing a new contract.

For example, when I am logged in, the LG Optimus S is $299.99 with an "instant agreement" discount of $160.01. As indicated on the page, I am "shopping to add a new device and plan to account xxxxxxx."

However, if I am not logged in, the LG Optimus S is $299.99 with an "instant agreement" discount of $230. In this case, I am "shopping for a new device and plan," as stated on the page.

In both cases, I would be signing a new contract for a new line.

The price discrepancy is similar for every other phone.

Screenshots are below.

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 5.16.08 PM .png

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 5.15.56 PM .png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its $150 minimum. With a full upgrade you get new customer pricing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the heads up with that ill look into this

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.