cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint plans are great i would be nice in the future to have a plan with unlimited roaming

Wizard

Sprint plans are great i would be nice in the future to have a plan with unlimited roaming

Sprint plans are great.It would be nice in the future to add a unlimited roaming plan in the mix it would be a great idea to have the plans would be higher a course but it would bring more customers and don't have to worry about roaming limits and don't have to worry about pepole complain and crying about getting they phone trun off for to much roaming and lose customers because of it.

8 REPLIES
Master

Re: Sprint plans are great i would be nice in the future to have a plan with unlimited roaming

The real problem with unlimited roaming  is that what would you be wiling to pay for it.  Sprint's policy is 800 minutes of roaming or no more that half your minutes of use  in a month be off network.  An unlimited plan would require a much higher charge per month as we would have no idea of the amount of roaming each month or on which carrier the roaming would take place with.  Hard to set a price when you cannot figure the cost. 

Wizard

Re: Sprint plans are great i would be nice in the future to have a plan with unlimited roaming

Yes i would pay to have that feature if i had a single line unlimited on that is $99.99 so to have a unlimited roaming the plan for a single line would be about $190 even on a family plan unlimited is $189.99 on a plan with unlimited roaming it would be about $270 even.I know that a lot of pepole would pay the price to have this unlimited roaming feature.

Journeyman

Is there anyway to check how many roaming minutes you have used? I see that you can check roaming data but how about minutes?

And about the 800 minutes thing. What if I only use 100 anytime minutes (out of 1,500) in a month, but 51 minutes are roaming. Is this unacceptable? And if this is unacceptable, should i just use more non-roaming anytime minutes to compesate.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your detail bills show roaming calls....

I contacted Sprint the other day because one of my phones will have a huge amount of roaming data this month because of a mountain vacation with an IPHONE...  My daughter previously had a Blackberry that didn't burn much....

Anyway, they said not to worry about it..  Sprint will only freak out if you go several months with a lot of roaming calls or data...  If they determine that most of your usage is roaming for the longer term, they'll suggest you get a different service...

I told them that she was leaving the moutains this week and will be in network after that...

They said that was OK....   

Journeyman

So there is no way to check during the active month if you made any roaming calls, correct?

Master

The minutes are total minutes used not anytime minutes   As noted above it is only a problem when done on a contiuing basis   We would first notify about a problem and ask that you change the phone usage pattern.    You can check you usage on line at sprint.com  Roaming  might not be update as we have to wait for the roaming carrier to report the time to us

Journeyman

This is NOT true.  I just received a termination letter and NEVER received any notification that my "unlimited" roaming was in violation. I checked my contract and all of my billing statements for an update in the T&C and I was never made aware of the change.  For the record, I haven't renewed a contract since 2007.  Before the 300mb clause was added.  I checked the sprint news and notice section on every bill since 2007 and it's not there.  If I had known, I could have changed my usage pattern.  BUT sprint didn't inform me of the change OR notify me of the problem. 

Master

If you have not been under contract since 2007.  You were just going month to month with sprint.  Is your address up to date on the account. The process is to send out a letter informing customers of the problem prior to ending service.   It is in our best interest to do so. 

We could not inform you of the change to the the contract as there was no contract to change or there has not been one since 2007  The information terms and conditions of service  are on line.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.