ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating one line on a Family plan & adding a new one?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried to find a post regarding this matter, no luck. So here it goes, I'm on a family plan (not the primary line) and I want the iphone! I'm not eligible for that wopping $150 off upgrade "deal" for another few months, and I refuse to pay out of my 4$$ for an iphone 4.. not even the 4s. Why pay nearly $600 for a phone that's already out of date, Sprint? Anyways... if I were to pay the early termination fee for my line, would we have to wait to add a new one? Would I get new customer pricing if we were to add a new line to our account? Would it be wiser to add the line, then terminate my current line?

I started my contract with a Blackberry Curve.. big mistake. Piece of junk lasted a few months. Then I was ever so lucky to recieve a LG Rumour as a backup from a friend of mine...  clearly I'm being sarcastic because that phone is totally obsolete and just plain embarassing. I've been using it for over a year now and I think it's time for an iPhone. So what's the best way of going about this? Please help! If there isn't a way to recieve new customer pricing on the iPhone 4 with our current contract, I will probably just wait it out until June when our contract is up and go to another carrier. I used to complain about how Sprint has no cool phones, and now that they have them they are impossible to get! Unless you s**t money.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Terminating one line on a Family plan & adding a new one?

Call and ask Account Services if you are eligible for the "buy up" program. It lets you buy out your existing contract and makes you eligible for upgrade now. It is something new that some have had some luck with. Also quite a bit depends on when your current contract is up -You said June but is that your upgrade or contract date?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

emilybambi, it would be best for you to compare the two options above once you find out how much your ETF is. After you get this info, I think that you will be able to make the best decision. To find out your early termination fee you can call into support at 888-211-4727.

Journeyman

if your contract is up in june it is only about $40 to close ur contract. go for it thats how i got my daughter her Iphone.

Journeyman

June is the end of my contract. Or perhaps it's July.. either way the ETF isn't very much. I'm eligible for an "upgrade" on May 1st... but $150 off doesn't really help me at all.

My major concern is that I heard once you terminate a line, you must wait 90 day s to add a new one. Is this true?

emilybambi, I've actually seen customers cancel a line and add one immediately...never heard of the 90 day time frame. It may be account specific, that can be verified with Account Services. The upgrade would be more than $150 off a device depending on the price. You would be offered new customer pricing if you sign a new agreement. If the retail price for the phone is $500 and after all savings it only comes to $99...that is the price you would pay.

emilybambi, its not olny $!50 off the iphone 4s. it's actuvally $450. and techsavvy is correct. you can get a line instantly after cancellation.

Master

If your contract is up in June you would be able to get New customer pricing on the Iphone in April You discount with contract renewal is $150 or the best national price which ever is better. The $150 comes off the retail price not the discounted one.   The Iphone 4s is the most current iphone out there when apple releases a new one  is up to them   Every body was saying The I phone 5  would be out  last October That was the release of the 4s.  Personally I have no opinion on when it will release.

With out further info on  the your account  I cannot give further information.  There are some targeted programs and test programs  in  certain markets, that you might be able to take advantage of.   If you would like to private message me with your  phone number I will be happy to look for you

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.