cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering with "Everything Data Share 1500"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been searching around, but I can't exactly find a definitive answer somewhere, so I'm asking here.

Summary:  how can I tether without increasing my monthly bill?

I have a Photon, I also have the "Everything Data Share 1500" plan.  I noticed when connecting via Bluetooth the other day (I don't connect often, I was just seeing what I could do with my laptop and phone) that a message popped up saying something like "do you want to share your internet connection via Bluetooth"  I hit "No" since I didn't want any chance of doing that and then being automatically signed up for another $10 or $20 monthly charge.  But the question looms: There are three methods to connect your phone, which are considered covered by my plan, and which are not?  If I take actions on my phone will that automatically update my account and screw me?

Sometimes I am in locations that do not have an internet connection for my laptop, and sometimes in those situations I would rather use my laptop than the phone

Methods:

1) USB tether the phone

is this covered?  is there a data cap where it suddenly is not covered?

2) Bluetooth tether (I haven't been able to reproduce the message, so I'm really not sure how to do that)

is this covered?  is there a data cap where it suddenly is not covered?

3) Mobile HotSpot

I know for a fact that #3 would be an alteration to my account, but would I have to make the alteration in order to use it or could I accidentally set tethering up on my phone and thus suddenly see charges on my bill?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

None of those are included in your plan, In order to tether you need to subscribe to the Mobile Hotspot, It's $29.99 p/m and capped at 5gb, But you can add/remove it on an as needed bases and only be charged for the days activated at about $1 p/day.

Journeyman

Levi4u, what is the link for the mobile hotspot option?  Last time I looked I didnt see 5GB $30 plan.  I saw a 3GB, 6Gb, and I believe 10GB.  I may have been looking in the wrong spot.  Do you have the link kind sir?

Master

Everything Data Share 1500" plan does not cover tethering. 29.99/month Sprint Mobile Hotspot add-on option turns the device into a wireless router or Wi-Fi Hotspot.Includes 5GB on-network data allowance with $0.05/MB overage rate.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

I knew about the $1 per day thing for mobile hot spot but I was wondering if the data is pro-rated????   If you had it active for a day and used more than $166MB  (5GB/30), would you have overage fee???  I used to take advantage of that feature but stopped because I was afraid of overage..

thanks...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.