cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Fees

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade Fees

Our family has ordered 5 phones (2 of which are smart phones) and are planning upgrading to a data plan but I am wondering about the upgrade fees on the phones. I am aware that there is a $36 per phone but I have read before that it would cap at $150 for upgrading several phones on a family data plan. I went to a Sprint store to confirm if that would be the case and I was told that that information was wrong and my family would be charged $36 per phone for a grand total of $180. So I'm wondering which is it. Are we going to be charged $150 or $180 when upgrading to the new phones?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Upgrade Fees

Hi YoojinL, thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. This is a great question and here is the answer: Sprint limits upgrade fees to $150.00 if you - the customer - upgrades several phones at the same time. So - as long as you upgrade all of the phones at the same time - your upgrade fee will cap off at $150.00. Thanks for being a valued Sprint customer, your business is appreciated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade Fees

Thank you very much for the clarification. I have another question if I may so ask. We're currently out of contract right now so I'm wondering if we'd have to pay prorate charges when we upgrade the phones before the billing cycle finishes.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Upgrade Fees

I apologize for the abusive language in the previous post YoojinL - here is the answer to your question: Prorated charges occur when you change your service on a date other than your bill cycle date - so, in the above example: yes there would be proration charges.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade Fees

I activated the phones at the same time and the charge which has appeared on the bill is the full $180. Wasn't it supposed to automatically discount to $150?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.