cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHY

why cant i add a 6th phone to my sharedd minutes?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

The max number on a shared account is 5, but you could be approved for more line. If you dfo then you would have a start a new account after the 5th line.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats what i was told yes i could get a 6th phone, but on a separte plan not with my 5 shared plan. So what the point of getting a 6th phone from sprint then... been a customer for over 10yrs.

Highlighted
Master

There are always possibilities (I have seen 6 line accounts), but expect complications if you get someone who tries to add a 6th line (I have seen accounts get truly messed up beyond recognition). The plans are only designed to go up to 5 lines sharing and are limited to that number, more than that and any time you try and change anything on the phones the entire thing could come crumbling down. If you need more than 5 lines sharing you should setup the account as a business instead under a Tax ID and use the Business Advantage plans which have no limit on he number of phones sharing.

I don't know of a single carrier that allows more than 5 lines on a family share plan regularly, the major 4 carriers all have a limit of 5 phones.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.