cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was anyone else mislead when they signed up for insurance?

20 REPLIES
Wizard

How much could you have found it for online 6 months ago? Where online was this? eBay where there is a 60% likelyhood that the phone is still tied to another contract and therefore can't be activated?

IMNOTDAVIDXNSX5 wrote:

I just ditched a palm pre.  At the time that I lost it about 6 months ago, sprint told me it would be $100 to replace under my insurance, which I had already spent about $70 on.  $170 total.  I can find a palm pre new online for about $80.

Journeyman

I apologize that would have been misconstrued in such a way when taken out of context. What I meant by it was when a customer is provided with documentation of their plan or other information about their account, it is important that the customer review it, of course.

Journeyman

I just ditched a palm pre.  At the time that I lost it about 6 months ago, sprint told me it would be $100 to replace under my insurance, which I had already spent about $70 on.  $170 total.  I can find a palm pre new online for about $80.

Wizard

What phone do you have that's only worth $50??? That may be what you paid for it when you got it, but it was heavily discounted by rebates, and upgrade incentives. Most phones cost $3-400 at retail cost (which is what you would be paying to replace it).

Journeyman

Re: Was anyone else mislead when they signed up for insurance?

"huge advocate for customers doing their due diligence and making sure  they find out about all the details on what their carrier provides them.

"

not to sound like a jerk, but are you kind of implying that some of this is our faults for not double checking what sprint told us or because we didn't do research ahead of time so we'd know that what we were being told was incorrect?

Journeyman

To update anyone interested: TEP provides a Total Equipment Protection app for select types of devices. Please learn more here:  http://www.sprint.com/protection

You can also text " Get App " to 7233 to receive the link and download the app to your phone. It is an awesome benefit! Allows you to remotely lock your device, backup and/or erase your contacts if your phone is stolen, locate and get directions to it via GPS, and sound an alarm if your ringer is off and you misplace it.

Please click the link above for more information.

Journeyman

When you first start your service with sprint, during the Welcome Call, the Total Equipment Protection should have been addressed during the call. If it wasn't then I personally apologize. Sprint has been changing the Welcome Call to include this necessary information and also so that when Welcome Call is done the rep isn't speed-talking and has time for any questions that may arise.

Regardless, Sprint should have provided you (sent by mail or email, depending on how you have it set up) with all of the details of what is provided by your insurance. I'm a huge advocate for customers doing their due diligence and making sure they find out about all the details on what their carrier provides them.

I am sorry you had a poor experience. When I get a new phone, I love to know details about it. We have resources online and on sprint.com that tell you all about your device. I'm really surprised that the connection wasn't made by the rep that you have a smartphone - then again we are identifying the device via it's model number instead of a device name. People make mistakes and no one is perfect.

Journeyman

yea sprint is the most awful provider out of everyone else.  ive had many problems with the insurance and stuff with them, let alone sprint tried to screw me over and they added an extra 6 months on my account, until i bitched them out for 3 hours and they finally changed it.   i love how stupid it is how im paying so much money monthly for insurance for a phone thats only worth $50...im so hoping sprint goes out of buisness or someone else buys them out

Journeyman

yes they change contract and didnt tell us

So, if a phone becomes lost, which would be better, the insurance or the locator?