cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was going to leave my family plan but then my screen cracked! Suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was going to leave my family plan but then my screen cracked! Suggestions?

I am currently on a family plan with four (4) other people. I was going to go into Sprint this weekend to discuss leaving the family plan and starting my own plan since I am on my own now. 

But then.. I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S8 this morning, and the screen is cracked! Ugh! I didn't get insurance when I leased the phone (hindsight is always 20/20, right?). 

My initial plan was to get the phone repaired (either through Sprint, Samsung, or a third party service -- whichever is cheaper) and then wait until I am eligible for an upgrade to switch to my own plan, but now I am actually eligible for an early upgrade (with fees of course).

I still plan on going into Sprint this weekend to discuss options, but I thought I'd ask here too. 

Which will be cheaper in the long run: Repairing my phone and waiting until I can upgrade with no fee to switch to my own plan or turn in my phone for repairs in order to upgrade with fees and switch to a new plan? 

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Was going to leave my family plan but then my screen cracked! Suggestions?

Hey @alainawood31.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I would like to take a look into your account and see what can be done. Please check your inbox, I will be sending you a private message.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.