Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we paying 10 dollars for additional data plan for smartphones if service does not have 4g

Journeyman

Why are we paying 10 dollars for additional data plan for smartphones if service does not have 4g

This is incredible we are paying for sprint to upgrade there network . I love my phone but have to use wifi  to get decent speed.

I had a Samsung Transform and now have a Galaxy2 same terrible service 10 dollars more why.

Ive experinced dropped calls, no service and have to restart phone to reconnect .This is a joke I wish I would have changed providerswhen I had the chance

I thougt we,ll maybe it was my phone ( transform) , I get the same recepton no 4g but Sprint does'nt limit data what is the use if I cant use it

Unlimited garbage. DO NOT GO with SPRINT .  4g will be available in the futrue they say but who is paying for it us the customers 10 data plan

They say unlimited because that is all they have going for them most customers don't use enough Data to warrant this

plan.

This is the worst network in America.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: Why are we paying 10 dollars for additional data plan for smartphones if service does not have 4g

The 10 dollar premium data  fee is not for 4g service  all smart phones place on accounts since Feb of 2011 have been charged this fee with the exception of t he Replenish.   The fee applies to phones unable to use 4g services.  The reason for the fee is the amount of data and the way Smart phones use data.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why are we paying 10 dollars for additional data plan for smartphones if service does not have 4g

When it was rolled out it was touted only for 4G phones. Then it was for all smartphones. I don't see how Sprint can honestly charge for premium data when 3G is sooooo sloooooooooooow and 4G is extremely limited. There is no premium data.

Highlighted
Master

You  are correct that originally the only phones that were charge the premium data fee were the 4g devices.  That was because we knew they would use a lot more data then a other devices.  Further study shows all smart phones use a lot more data than feature phones and with more and more smart phones it was decided to place the premium data fee on all smart phones.  It applies to all smart phones whether they are 4g capable or not. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The slowness of the network prohibits usage of it.

Highlighted
Master

Sorry you are having a speed issue.  Where are you located and do you have the porblem every where or just one location?  What device do you have  and what speeds are you getting?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its true at work no service and indoors forget about it .

I also am lucky if a get   enough data to watch a youtube video without a dozen stops

The service is terrible the fact that we are sharing towers with Virgin Mobile and who knows who else

this is sad and how many cities really have 4g not mine. When will it be deployed , Spritn is keeping it a secret

Netflix is terrible on your network. I have to connect to someone's wifi .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its true at work no service and indoors forget about it .

I also am lucky if a get   enough data to watch a youtube video without a dozen stops

The service is terrible the fact that we are sharing towers with Virgin Mobile and who knows who else

this is sad and how many cities really have 4g not mine. When will it be deployed , Spritn is keeping it a secret

Netflix is terrible on your network. I have to connect to someone's wifi .

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a galaxy s2 and the issue is every where I go in the city on the outskirts 19610 .

I go to target and have to connect to there wifi to get text messages.

Highlighted
Master

There are more 4g towers going active every day in many markets  I do not have a time line for when it will be active in you area. 
Given you have a S2 the LTE build out will not help you with that device.  The upgrade to Network Vision  should.  Hae you run a speed test on your device to see what speeds you are getting?  Is it the same at all times of the day or does it change? You stated you have to use WiFi to get Text messages  are those MMS messages or SMS messages? Do you have a problem indoors at all locations?   Have you taken the device in to have a signal check  done on it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

14KNIGHT, I have a Nexus S 4g and my wife has a Galaxy S3, both of us have spotty voice reception (calls drop a lot) and data reception at our home which is near 250 North and 1300 East in Pleasant Grove, UT. The only time I ever got usable speeds was when I woke up in the early morning hours where I got a couple hundred kbps. Usually it is in the double digit kbps in the day and evening, but can go to single digits. Sprint Telesales told me that Wimax reception should be good there, but I can't pick it up outside. Speeds are never that much better in the surrounding area.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.