cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!

This is the second time this has happened to me and im worried that i will get charged for this. The first time this happened to me i was in my room, listening to pandora and i got a notification stating that i was data roaming and just an hour ago i was in school about to go inside my class and i got the same notification! why am i getting roaming? i live and go to school in the same townf or crying out loud! i have zero reception at the moment as well! and im using 3g not 4g to conserve battery life.

After getting out of class i couldnt make a single phone call and after switching the phone off and back on again it seemed to work and that little circle with a slash inside it was gone where the signal bar is at.

i have the samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g and ive only had it for about a week but this whole data roaming and no reception is getting on my last nerves!

what can i do to make this stop? i tried to turn off data roaming on my phone but i couldnt figure out where to go and switch it off.

i will be very upset if my next mont bill comes with a data roaming charge!

4 REPLIES
Master

Re: Why do i keep roaming on my data?!!!!!!!

Sorry you are having an issue with data.  First we do not charge for data roaming  I sounds as if there is a tower issue  could you give cross streets near you city and state

Journeyman

yes and beware i have been with sprint for 10+ years and pay all my bills online. i have three phones on 1 plan and the other day they cut off the third line. i never recieved any notice and the funny part is the phone they cut off i have the parental lock turned on for my son he cant even use the browser. i called in and was told i was more than welcome to take my phone number to a new carrier if i didnt like the service i was recieving as if my 260 doller a month bill i pay them is a privalage to me. was the rudest i have ever been treated by a company of this size and from what i am reading i am far from the only one. Therefore i feel no empathy for you in the future when i will no doubt see your company fail long term if you continue to treat what should be valued customers as myself with this lack of respect. as soon as i find which other company i want to try after 10+ years with you i will be taking the advice i got on the phone from your friendly customer service rep and switching. Good day sir/mam

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for over 10yrs. and have never had a problem with them and they have always treated me with respect and friendly advice !

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for over 10yrs. and have never had a problem with them and they have always treated me with respect and friendly advice !

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.