cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you add data to just one person in your plan?

Highlighted
Patron

how do you add data to just one person in your plan?

I want to add data to one person on my account without adding it to everyones.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: how do you add data to just one person in your plan?

You can add a regular Sprint Data pack onto a line for $15/mo. If you are looking at going with some of the newer devices like the Blackberry Curve 853o, HTC Hero, etc. you would have tochange the entire plan. They require an Everything Data or Simply Everything plan, a data add-on would not work.

Journeyman

We currently have a Blackberry and a Samsung Ace on our Everything Date Share. We want to add another line with data. If I understand you correctly, we cannot move to the Everything Messaging and add 2 data packs. We need to stay with a Data Share plan. This is at odds with what a phone rep told me.

Wizard

It's my understanding too that you need to stay on Everything Data if you add another PDA/Blackberry phone.  Adding another phone to your Everything Data plan would cost you an additional $19.99 for the new sub.  What is it that the rep told you?  Are you perhaps on an older version of the Blackberry that doesn't have the data plan requirment?  If the rep says you can put all three on the Everything Messaging plan, it sounds like you're all good to go.

Master

Durian wrote:

We currently have a Blackberry and a Samsung Ace on our Everything Date Share. We want to add another line with data. If I understand you correctly, we cannot move to the Everything Messaging and add 2 data packs. We need to stay with a Data Share plan. This is at odds with what a phone rep told me.

Depending on the model of the Blackberry it may still be possible to do that, but you'll end up paying more for it so it is pointless.

The newer Curve 8530, Tour 9630, and Bold 9650 all require an Everything Data plan. If you happen to have an older Blackberry however like a Curve 8330 or Pearl 8130 then you could drop down to the Everything Messaging plan and add data to just the BB and the Ace lines.

However this is the price difference between those two options:

Everything Data 1500 for 3 lines with data - $150

Everything Messaging 1500 for 3 lines with data on only 2 - $155

The Blackberry would require the $30 Blackberry Personal Pack for BIS, and the Ace would require the $15 Data Pack and the $10 Data Premier (smartphones require minimum $25 data plan or a plan that includes data, new plan setup combines the $15 and $10 to make the $25).

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.