cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international calling

Journeyman

Re: international calling

Sure, but as you pointed out, data is only half of the equation.  Businesses don't want to have to deal with per minute charges for roaming in North America.  Verizon realizes that.  AT&T has realized that again (although they're still missing the data half of the equation).

In my experience, Nextel did not charge for voice roaming in Canada until after the merger, and they still don't charge for iDEN data roaming.

Considering Sprint is bleeding customers, it would just seem to be smart of them to look at what AT&T and Verizon are doing and reintroduce some option for their clients.  Like I said, though, I'm not holding my breath.

Highlighted

Re: international calling

justen wrote:

In my experience, Nextel did not charge for voice roaming in Canada until after the merger, and they still don't charge for iDEN data roaming.

Considering Sprint is bleeding customers, it would just seem to be smart of them to look at what AT&T and Verizon are doing and reintroduce some option for their clients.  Like I said, though, I'm not holding my breath.

Actually, interesting note here.  I was in Canada and did place some voice calls, PTT calls, and checked websites on my i90c (yes, that ancient brick of a flip phone) back in early December, 2009.  Got my bill for Nov-Dec and get this...

1. I was NOT billed for any international roaming data charges (nothing new there).

2. I was NOT billed for any international roaming INCOMING calls.

3. I WAS billed for calls that I placed while in Canada at the international rate.

4. My PTT calls were NOT billed for, even though I do NOT have International PTT (NICE! )

So...that's just me for that month.  Go figure.  Keep in mind, I do have a Free Incoming Plus rate plan, so all my incoming calls are free (apparently even when in other countries) as is my mobile web roaming use. Who know?

Oh, and for those of us that HATE to be charged anything for international calls, shoot me a private message.  I have a way (legally of course) to use your free night & weekend minutes so that you can call pretty much anyone internationally for free.   And I use this method daily, so I can tell you how hard (or, in this case, easy) doing so is/can be.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.