cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade and data plans etc

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is so crazy-making. Right now we have a 1500 min unlimited family plan with 5 lines and it costs about $135 a month. ONE of those lines (the oldest teenager) wants to upgrade to a smart phone or an iphone--or whatever. Our bill would be increased by almost $100 per month to $226.00! Each line would be 20 instead or 10 and then our monthly bill would be more AND some other $10.00 for the better phone.

We have gotten a different answer from every rep.  They have us like hostages. argh

Does anyone know what would help us? I am totally prepared to pay the ETF and move on from Sprint but is there somewhere better?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you do the math, you'll see that Sprint is the cheapest by far out of all the carriers - you'd be paying more money anywhere else you went (not to mention no one else offers unlimited data on smartphones)

5 lines on a family plan, with one of them being smartphones, would cost you $200 a month, plus extras, plus taxes.  That's unlimited everything, for all 5 lines.  On no other carrier will you find unlimited everything for $40 per line.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keep all your phones/plan as-is and buy the teenager an ipod touch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup. Still cheaper than the other carriers, plus unlimited data which is charged extra on other plans. It's the price you pay for a dataphone...

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

@werd08 - I am going to send you a PM to obtain your account number so I can have someone to review your options.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: upgrade and data plans etc

@werd08...Hi...I sent you a Private Message with some information about your account and plan information.  Please reply to my private message to let me know if I may assist!

Thanks!

Karin

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.