cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the Voice and Data Coverage maps for the Philadelphia area current? Why is it rated "Best" and yet is significantly weaker than T-Mobile, which I left ten days ago? Can I cancel without cost within 14 days of joining?

Journeyman

Are the Voice and Data Coverage maps for the Philadelphia area current? Why is it rated "Best" and yet is significantly weaker than T-Mobile, which I left ten days ago? Can I cancel without cost within 14 days of joining?

I'm in the SWAC program, and I know my niece is delighted with the company.  I like everything about it EXCEPT the quality of the voice and data service in our house and in our daughter's home 4 blocks away.  I printed out at least 20 maps to get a good sense of Sprint's coverage where we and children in other cities live and work.  All were "Best" for both Voice and Data coverage, except for the home of one daughter who lives in Durham, NC.  I also talked with an Authorized Sprint Store.  The owner talked with me at length about how many new towers have been put up around Philadelphia in the past six months, so I felt confident leaving T-Mobile.  I also bought three iPhone 5s phones for myself, my wife and our daughter, despite the warning in a red font, because of the research I'd done.

Ten days in I have to say that we all love our phones AND ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED with the quality of both Voice and Data coverage in ALL the BEST areas in which we live and work.  I want to know the consequences if we back out NOW.  I read somewhere in the Sprint literature and contract, I think, that we can return our phones and cancel the contract within 14 days of activation.  Is that true?  I feel the maps are VERY MISLEADING.  I read the standard disclaimer and saw it again in a response to another persons question.  Is there any reason to believe that service will improve significantly any time soon?  About half the calls my wife has received NEVER RANG or vibrated.  She checks from time to time and sees missed calls or calls that went to voice mail.  That's even happened when WE'VE MADE CALLS FROM OUR LANDLINE TO HER CELL PHONE WHILE BOTH ARE THREE FEET APART!  We've gone from being very excited to very disappointed!  Can you either give us some way to fix these problems now or tell us how to get out of our contract and what the consequences would be?  Thanks, RussB522

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Are the Voice and Data Coverage maps for the Philadelphia area current? Why is it rated "Best" and yet is significantly weaker than T-Mobile, which I left ten days ago? Can I cancel without cost within 14 days of joining?

I am in the same situation as you. I left T-Mobile for Sprint back in October 2013 and I feel as though I made the worst mistake in my life. All for a good deal on an iPhone. Sprint's service was not worth the switch or the phone upgrade and I am thinking about going back to T-Mobile because I had no billing nor coverage issues with them whatsoever. Ever since I switched to Sprint, my phone calls have been dropping, or better yet, I cannot even make a call at times.

The service in my home is the worst and this is where I spend the bulk of my time talking on the phone. I live in Atlanta, which is not like some small rural town, so I don't understand why I am having reception issues. When I spoke to customer care, they claim that there is a tower outage in my area, yet when I go one block down the street, it magically starts working again. I can't deal with this type of service. I have to spend Christmas Day inside of my house without the ability to reach out to my family and friends on such a special day. This is BULLSHIT!!!

My issues with Sprint have been ongoing since Friday 12/20/2013 and it is now Christmas Eve and I still have no service in my home. Sorry Sprint, but I think you missed me with this one. I'm headed back to T-Mobile. Glad I got the no contract plan so that I can "peace out" of this horrific company ASAP!!

And by the way, speak with them about getting some credits to your account for your inability to use your phone in a fully functional manner. They owe us something for this crappy service. It's a shame that such a big name company has lame service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Are the Voice and Data Coverage maps for the Philadelphia area current? Why is it rated "Best" and yet is significantly weaker than T-Mobile, which I left ten days ago? Can I cancel without cost within 14 days of joining?

Yes you can cancel within 14 days! If the service isn't working in your area now, you better take advantage of it.

Highlighted
Master

Dear RussB522,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you the employee or are you under someone else? All employee account are restricted from access except from the Employee Care Department. We do have a 14 day return policy. Please contact employee care. Just dial *2.

We are upgrading nationwide. I can take a look at your service area for you with a zip code and closest intersection to check your towers for you.

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Master

aneajohn,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with our services.  Please let us know if you are still having an issue.

-Dania

Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.