cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2lg v40 phones rep said both were unlocked but phones both say device is locked Help Please

Journeyman

2lg v40 phones rep said both were unlocked but phones both say device is locked Help Please

I have 2 lg v40 phones from ebay.  I activated them on 3/16/19.  We dont have strong signal at our house so I wanted to port mine off to cricket.  My wife is going to try a while longer.  I called on 3/23/19 and the rep said both phones are unlocked.  I ported mine to cricket on 3/24/19.  My phone will not call or use data with the cricket sim.  cricket said the phone is locked.  i called sprint again sprint said the phones are both unlocked domestic and international.  following the post on here I found the uicc unlock under system updates.  Both phones read The device is locked to a Sprint SIM only.  I currently have cricket sim in a old cheap phone to get by.  Please help I would not have ported yet if I was told the correct information Saturday.  I have been told many times today sprint can not help its cricket who wont activate.  the store told me the phone needs to marry to the sim this also is false.  I have the phone connected to wifi and the sprint sim in the phone.  please help.

1 REPLY 1

Re: 2lg v40 phones rep said both were unlocked but phones both say device is locked Help Please

Hi tori. It's possible that the system shows the phones are unlocked if a signal was previously sent out to the phones, even if they didn't connect and complete. A lot of times we see this happen when an unlock request is sent but the phone doesn't have a Sprint SIM in it to be able to shake hands with the network and complete the unlock.

In order for us to get a unlock through successfully you'll need to have a Sprint SIM in the phone, powered on, and connected to WiFi. As long as you can get those 3 things taken care of, we can send through new unlock requests as long as you are eligible.

Drop me a Private Message and I can get some additional details from you to check in on this and work to get this wrapped up for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.