cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a iPhone 7 from a third party unlocking help

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bought a iPhone 7 from a third party unlocking help

I bought a iPhone 7 from a third party she told me I only needed to unlock it by calling sprint. I called sprint yesterday morning and had a lady tell me that everything was good and to unlock my phone and turn off my find my iPhone and the unlock will be done in 48 hours okay I did all that but she didn’t give a ticket number. I called back last night and the lady said the phone was filed under bankruptcy and she didn’t think it could be unlocked. So my problem is if the order is already made will it effect it from what the second person said I am hoping it can be unlocked because I spent 600 dollars on the phone and I called sprint before I bought it so I knew it was getting unlocked and she told me they was doing it for me. Now this 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

Oh man! It sounds like the phone may not be eligible for unlock, since you stated that the phone is filed under bankruptcy. However, I do want to double check and see. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted

The thing is is that the first rep said she would unlock it for me and I was in the process for it 

Highlighted

I do apologize for the miscommunication.

There are two ways to get the device unlocked:

1.) Have the previous owner call in to request the phone to be unlocked

OR

2.) Ask the previous owner for their account number, name, pin/security question to authenticate the account to request it

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted

the reps (on the site, in store, call in or via chat) do not actually do the unlocking. they put in a request to a different department that handles this. the original rep you worked with might not have done the pre check. one big problem most run into is the previous owner must get the device fully unlocked..if they miss any steps in the process or they dont bother its a bit of a nightmare trying to get it unlocked since they must be involved in the process (it would be like me selling you my truck but not signing it over to you..technically i still own it and you wont be able to register it etc because its still in my name)

@Johb_sims wrote:

The thing is is that the first rep said she would unlock it for me and I was in the process for it 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Okay so the phone is filed under bankruptcy how do I fix this I need a phone and I can not afford to go out and buy another one. Sprint said the phone was clean when I  bought it now they are saying that it’s not so Ian screwed because a lady at the sprint store told me it was clean. 

Highlighted

Sounds like you are having the run around, I'm here now. Let me look into this for you. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can get some additional info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.