cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate unlocked ATT Galaxy S10+

Journeyman

Can't activate unlocked ATT Galaxy S10+

Hello,

I'm looking to switch from ATT to Sprint. My application is already approved and I'm trying to activate two unlocked ATT Galaxy S10+ phones and port two lines from ATT.

I seen several post about needing to get the IMEI into your database for them to be recognized. As far as I've read, the Galaxy S10+ (G975U) already has requisite hardware to work on both GSM and CDMA networks, so it shouldn't be matter of carrier specific hardware.

I've already spoke to a Sprint sales rep and they don't seem to have any clue as to why it isn't activating other than that the system isn't allowing them to activate them. So if someone who has more knowledge can help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Can't activate unlocked ATT Galaxy S10+

You'll want to go to Sprint.com/joinsprint to get started on porting your numbers over and order a SIM kit for those phones, call our telesales department or stop by a store. 

I can see about getting those unlocked phones added to our database, though.  Can you send me a PM with the IMEI of the phones you want to activate with us?.  

@HELPeR_Sprint 

I've already phoned Sprint Telesales and just received the two sims today. I was trying to activate and port my numbers today, but of course as the problem I outlined, they couldn't activate the phones.

Anyway for some reason it says I have reached the maximum number of private messages I can send (of which i have sent none so far). So I'm not sure what other way I can send you the IMEI. If you can't do this here today, I will stop by a Sprint store to have this taken care of.

Thanks

Let me see if I can send you a PM and if you're able to reply to it.  The system will get buggy sometimes with the PM's.  

Ok got the private message sent. Looks like I have to keep the message short and not use too many new lines. One or the other worked.

Got it! Thanks for those.  Just a moment while I plug those in. 

Hi Good Morning,

I have sent an PM about an phone activation issue with my unlocked ATT Galaxy S10+,

can you please check once and help me out?

Thanks,

Manny.

@HELPeR_Sprint wrote:

Got it! Thanks for those.  Just a moment while I plug those in. 

Journeyman

@Manny136 don't hold your breath. It's not going to happen any time soon. Only Factory unlocked and Sprint S10+ will be whitelisted for the time being. Who knows when they'll whitelist the other carrier's S10+.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.