Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot BYOD Sprint - need help changing prepaid (PLBL) to postpaid (SPCS) iPhone 6s+

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot BYOD Sprint - need help changing prepaid (PLBL) to postpaid (SPCS) iPhone 6s+

Hello,

Hopefully someone here can help me. I am simply trying to get my brother off of FreedomPop NVMO and onto my current Sprint account as a 3rd line. Every time I call sprint to add his phone, I am told "Invalid phone ownership, not compatible with sprint." However, he has been on FreedomPop with a Sprint sim for over 2 years with this phone, so not sure why it is not compatible. He bought his phone used/refurbished from gazelle.com and the phone had a clean IMEI prior to signing up with freedompop (which was verified directly with applecare and sprint when he signed up).

After some deep internet research, I assume his phone is labeled prepaid (PLBL) and needs to be switched to postpaid (SPCS). Can anyone confirm this is the issue or help in any way? Fairly tech savy myself, but will fully admit, I am completely clueless when it comes to cellular technology.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cannot BYOD Sprint - need help changing prepaid (PLBL) to postpaid (SPCS) iPhone 6s+

Freedom Pop uses Sprint spectrum which is why it's be able to work with the Sprint sim in it. Do you know which plan you are going to want to use with it?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Cannot BYOD Sprint - need help changing prepaid (PLBL) to postpaid (SPCS) iPhone 6s+

I would like to add him to my unlimited plan. Any idea why they keep telling me the phone is not compatible?

Highlighted

It's probably showing up as incompatible because it's coming from a prepaid account. We'll have to manually add it. Please send me a PM with the IMEI and phone number of that phone as well as your full name and phone number that's currently on your account. I'll double check that it's a phone we can bring over. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.