Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged an extra $80 a month!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Charged an extra $80 a month!

My husband called last month to change or billing due date from the 24th of the month to the 5th. Sure, no problem. We were told it would be effective the following month (March) so I paid our normal bill due in February ($213). I get on the Sprint app on March 4th to make the payment and I have $121 in "previous charges" and current charges of $160 both due in March, 4 days apart. How is it that I'm being charged $282 for one month? Did an extra week really cost $70-80???? The icing on the cake is that we are paying all this money for phones that don't work even though we are leasing them! Can't upgrade the lease for 2 years! I inquired about the annual lease upgrade for $10/month (which I found on their website) and was told by a rep at our local sprint store that it is no longer offered. The only phone that has that option is the iPhone, and we have Samsung. Also asked about the upgrade for when it's due in August and was told that we would have to pay a deposit again on the new phones. So I guess it doesn't matter that we've been good customers for 2 years. Still have to put hundreds down. I honestly can't wait until August so we can switch to another company. I remember why I switched from Sprint in the first place. If we're going to pay a deposit for phones, our money will be well spent with another cell provider. One that has sensible billing and allows annual upgrades.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Charged an extra $80 a month!

Mrsrupp526

Thank you for reaching out to us. After changing your billing cycle date, you receive 2 bills within a 30 days period: 1 with prorated Monthly Recurring Charges and 1 with a full month in advance MRC (proration may apply if Price Plan/Svc changes made to account during bill period).

In regards to your upgrade, we would like to take a look at your account and check your options.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

all the carriers have already moved away or are already in the process of moving away from the 2 year agreements/contracts...which is where you were originally able to upgrade after a bit over a year.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Check out Googles Project Fi
Two Phones great Pixels, $75.00 sign on to lease Angie you pay for your GB in advance $20.00 per GB if you don't use it all they credit your account, great customer service.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.