cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for returned phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Charged for returned phone

I was deployed with the Army in 2017 and had my contract on military hold during that time. When I got back in November 2017 and re-activated it I was told by Sprint that I was eligible for an upgrade, so I traded in my iPhone 7 in for the 8. Ever since then I have had nothing but issues with them.

For the following 3 months I was charged for two phones at once. Sprint could not do anything about it until the warehouse processed the return. Finally, in February 2018 they opened a case about and refunded me on March 3rd. It was all good until I checked my bill today and saw an early termination fee on there. Now, almost 6 months after I returned the phone they want me to pay for the remaining lease balance on the iPhone 7 even though I already returned it to them and got the upgrade. I was told back in November this would be a free upgrade since I am on the iPhone forever plan. Sprint Customer Service says there is nothing they can do about it because it was an early termination (which I never asked for.)

Basically, I have to pay $450 for a phone now that I do not even have anymore because the store sent it back to Sprint. If I want it back I have to pick it up in the store where I returned it. I have moved with the Army since this happened and that store is now 1,000 miles away from me. No one could help me with this issue. I have been told that I have to contact the store and will have to pay for the phone either way. What kind of customer service is this? I have been with Sprint for 7 years now but this will probably be my last. 

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care

Re: Charged for returned phone

Hello Hedgehogg, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate on this, in order to properly assist you. Please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.