ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for Installment Agreement I didn't sign (or know about)

Journeyman

Charges for Installment Agreement I didn't sign (or know about)

Got my daughter a new iphone for Christmas.  Store had flyers posted advertising a free charger & case with new iphones; we picked our out and paid separately to have a screen protector installed.  Then the salesperson said we also qualified for a free speaker, due to our long, loyal history with Sprint.  She doubled checked as we waiting, and confirmed that yes, it was another free gift.

Not so  much.  A review of my account shows I was charged $335 for those "gifts" and have been making installment payments every month.  The signature on the Installment Agreement is clearly NOT mine, but according to Fraud Management, nothing is "fraud" if it happens in the store.  

I've sent letters, called Customer Service, spoken with Fraud Mgmt & tweeted.  Why does nobody care that a store entered me into an agreement without my knowledge or consent, and signed my name to documents without my permission?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Charges for Installment Agreement I didn't sign (or know about)

Sounds like a long battle here. Usually when cases are opened like this they are investigated completely, and I can get into the account to make sure. Can you send me a PM? We can take a look into everything. 

Journeyman

Thank you but I had a response from Customer Care on Twitter & have spent all afternoon online with them. 

It appears that if a store signs a customer's name to a contract without permission, the only recourse the customer has it to return to that store & see if they'll (1) admit they did it, and (2) issue a refund.  The store manager has already said he won't help (and, really, why would he if it means admitting his store was deceptive?)

Since this issue can't be fixed, is there a way to file a complaint against the store for their actions?

We can look into that. Are you still working with agent on Twitter? If so they can go ahead, and file the complaint. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.