cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection not stable. Sometimes speed ok, sometimes doesn't work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Connection not stable. Sometimes speed ok, sometimes doesn't work.

See these videos on youtube for example.

https://youtu.be/_hOc4LWnfn8

https://youtu.be/eBLr_ih2Xlo

That is just an example. Another is when I am trying to load a web page, like the Sprint site, it takes minutes to load it, and for some reason it sticks at 2g speeds even with data left on my plan. I am only a mile from the tower with no tall buildings nearby. Sprint has told me their tower has been down for 5 months in my area, but will not refund my money so that I can go to another carrier. What can I do to fix this? I have called Sprint over and over about this. I have never gotten 4g service, and the service is getting even worse. It likes to cut out completely in the early morning some times, and during the afternoon it is slowest of all. There must be something I can do. I do not want to keep forking over money for service I am not getting just because I still have 2 years left to pay off my phone.
19 REPLIES 19
Master

Re: Connection not stable. Sometimes speed ok, sometimes doesn't work.

mauskite, I’d love to help you with that. When did this issue begin? Is this affecting any other customers on the area?

Can you please post some of the cross streets and ZIP code of the location where you are experiencing network problems along with the make and model of your device so that we can review the network status and do some troubleshooting?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team,

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

It has been this way since I switched to sprint last year around a year ago. I was told that my tower has been down for 5 months by two different people in tech support and customer care. They said 4 other customers had complained.

Zip is 83318. and it is everywhere I go, mostly within 2 miles of the intersection of overland and main.

I am using a g5. I get not reception once I go farther out into the farm areas.
Journeyman

Oh, and it has gotten much worse over the last month or two.
Journeyman

And it has gotten much worse over the last month or two.
Master

Thank you so much for contacting us. We have reviewed the coverage and network on the area, currently there is an open service alerts for one of the local towers. We are working quickly to resolve the issue and apologize for the inconvenience to our affected customers.

I know that this is a frustrating experience and that you rely on your phone, our technicians are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

I would like to report this to them so that they can be aware of your specific location. Please respond to the private message I sent you.  

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

now the connection is moving at about 3 kb/s. That is not a typo. Your networks sucks.
Master

mauskite, please respond to the PM I sent you.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I have responded twice. During the day the connection is between 0 and 50 kb/s lately. Only gets faster late and night or early morning.
Sprint Social Care

Hello mauskite

I know that having reliable coverage is super important. I need to stay connected to stay in touch with my loved ones so I get it! Have you had a chance to repost your issue using the Sprint zone app on your device? Please visit: http://sprint.co/2oTCoPd

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have used the sprint zone at least twice now. Nothing changes. Why do you not provide the service I am paying for?
Sprint Social Care

Hello mauskite.

We checked your area and see that a services alert in effect. I know that having reliable coverage is super important. We have alerted our network team and they are aware of the issue. Please give us a little more time as we will resolving this issue soon.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.