Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service runaround - Sprint won't unlock my paid phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Customer service runaround - Sprint won't unlock my paid phone

I've been trying since June 28th to get my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, fully paid, no longer on plan - I've since replaced it with an S8) unlocked so I can gift it to my sister who has the same phone but her's is broken.  After trying to switch the sim card (my sister's plan is with Verizon) and being informed Sprint still had the phone locked, I called Technical Support on June 28 and was assured the phone would be unlocked in 2 to 3 days, and the Rep promised to call me back in exactly 48 hours. After a week I called Tech Support again on July 5 and was informed by Ashley that the original rep had not even submitted a ticket (although he had provided a ticket number).  She assured me she would submit a ticket, gave me a ticket number, and said I would receive an email with the unlock code (MSL code?) in 3 to 5 days.  Another week goes by.  On July 11 I made a 3rd call to tech support, spoke with Brandy who said that Ashley had submitted a ticket to have my S8 unlocked which was declined because I'm still paying on it.  Really!?  Brandy assured me she would submit a ticket requesting the correct device (the S4) be unlocked, and gave me a time frame of 5 to 7 days.  On July 18 I again called sprint as I still hadn't received an email and the phone is still locked.  I spoke with Trina who informed me that the last 3 people I had spoken with had NOT submitted tickets, but she would submit a "click it ticket" and then hung up on me.  After I had been on hold the better part of an HOUR.  I called back (call # 5 in case you're keeping track) and spoke with Ramon who said that a ticket had just been submitted today and gave me the same ticket number I received from Brandy back on July 11.  He said it would take 6 hours and they would send a signal to the phone and unlock it.  Surprise, surprise, the phone is still locked.   

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Customer service runaround - Sprint won't unlock my paid phone

Edited original message to correct call dates.

Highlighted

The S4 is a phone that's usually not unlock eligible. This is due to the age of the phone. Typically, we just provide you with the MSL code and then it's up to Verizon to use it and allow you to use the phone on their network. I'm happy to get you the code. I'm going to send you a private message to get the phone information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

You were going to PM me?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.